Is there a name for this or is it just some random thing?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lyssa Starsmith wrote:

I've been trying to think of a way to describe it for a while, best I can come up with is "cone shaped torso"

I decided to take a comparison screenshot instead.

comparison

Well the torso on the right looks like a cone shape to me.

What I think you're seeing is "fad rebound".  A year ago or so the extreme form of the shape on the left was popular, but then the underlying fads got pinned, and the popular voice started being less impressed by the "wasp waist", "shelf hips", and "big ol' chunky ass" things they had going on. Rebound is , of course, to smooth out the hip to waist line, but as always with trends there's the lame "one-upping" thing that causes many to go way too far with it. I've seen some that also appear to be reducing their upper body and shoulder sizes, and my honest guess about that is either they still want their "I'm all booty" look, or they've fallen victim to the recent "small chest/small bewbs are cooler" fad that's also making it's rounds. Personally, I think any amount of shapeshifting based on what other people are doing is pretty sheepish.

The frowns also seem to come wth overly pouty lips that look like a bucket of gloss has been used on them.

Personaly I dont mind the pout as long as its kept to a deacent level and a frown can look good if again kept to a deacent level. it's when they look as if they want to end thair lives that it gets worrying.

Like your go ing out on a date with someone frowning and they say "I love you so much I just want to be with you forever." yet thair face is saying "I want to end it and jump off a cliff."

Alot of communication is non verbal and my eyes are quite wreked so I'm more aware of this than most because of what I miss. So I lerned some basics and one is you frown your not happy. It's something that most people dont even think about.

The frown/pout is called a goldfish, it's an evolution of the duck-face and the trout-pout.

It's called a goldfish because it is like a fish's mouth, and as the people who wear it also chew gum, their mouths open and close a lot. And of course these people are usually bright orange thanks to the fake tan. So thats what it's called IRL, don't know if the people in SL are trying for it, or going for duck face and missing?

P.S. give me a realistic shape with some meat on it every time.... I'll have to visit Berlin.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.