24 hours and my credit card has not yet been confirmed

NJMike

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I entered my billing information for the first time early Sunday afternoon, and it still has "(update pending)" for my credit card type and says my bank has to confirm it before I can make any transactions. It said it takes a few seconds/minutes for them to confirm, but it's been 24 hours and they still haven't done it. Did something go wrong? Please help me figure this out.

In addition to what Identity said, you should make sure that your bank will actually allow Linden Labs to make transactions from your account.

The way they confirm you billing info is they Withdraw $1USD from your account, (you get refunded at the end of the billing period). If your bank denies this transaction, then your billing info will still say update pending.

--If it continues, try making a Ticket at the support portal for further help

Have a great day!

-K

I think it should have updated by now. The Payment options for SL Residents living outside the US has changed.

I check the Credit Card first, then the type of payment method. You could try to purchase some L$ to see if that will push the update through. You could call Billing Support. You could run a cookie clean-up on your pc and try to re-enter the Credit Card info.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Local_Payments_FAQ

No the bank is not outside the U.S.; it's PNC bank. And I've tried to purchase Lindens but it said it couldn't charge my account and it still said (update pending) for credit card type.

My mom has told me that the bank closes after a certain time on Friday and doesn't open until Monday. I figured since I did it on a Sunda that made sense, but it's Monday and they're open now and PNC still hasn't confirmed.

Identity Euler, thanks for that link, but none of those questions where relevant to my sitituation.

Ok well it's 48 hours now and it still says update pending. I noticed PNC Bank took out $1 from Linden Labs, then I got that $1 back. So I guess from what Kolby Nissondorf said about that $1 thing, PNC must have denied the transaction. What can I do to make them not deny it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.