For lonely people, just sign your name (and some info)

Derekmate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Right, jumping in and joining the ranks of the socially anxious introverts .... My name is Grey and I've wandered back after a 10 or so year absence. I would really like to expand my social circle to include more than one person. :D My friend is awesome, but we live in different parts of the world so the window of time when we're both online is kind of small. I tend to be on quite a bit, though not usually between 10 pm SLT and 2 am SLT. I like shopping, exploring, attempting to decorate my house, and working on the odd hunt here and there. I like books, music, various video games, and I make digital art and sometimes dabble in writing and creating non-digital art things. I'm also non-binary, decidedly not straight, and run on lattes.

• Like 5

Hi, Rosie Palm here looking for some new friends as well! I like taking pictures, going to weird/interesting sims, and building. As many others have stated, many of my friends are in the wind and/or got partnered up, leaving me by my lonesome! I thought maybe I’d jump on the forums and see if I can find any people who also share these interests. I’m friendly, I try to be helpful with new avi questions or building, and I like doing all sorts of things on the grid (dancing, shopping, sight seeing, etc). My inworld name is chinesetakeout, so say hi sometime! 

• Like 1

I'm lonely!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok...... I admitted it. I'm lonely. I been logging into my female avatar cause she has more friends than I do.... LOL. I mean she plays the table games, parties, and all of that.

But then again, I really have fizzled out of the 10 years I been in SL. Went from this very adventurous guy creating silly films, and trolling with friends for so many years, to now not seeing those friends cause they dont log in anymore. Seriously.... Just name it, I've probably done it and then some.

I'm looking for friends, not those talk to you 1 day friends and never again type either.    To be honest, I'm now 29, I'd prefer someone right around the same age as me,  also, would be nice to have some guy friends specifically cause I've only had very few I actually talked to, because hey.... I'm a guy, and we guys talk to girls. But it would be cool to chill with the broskies on Discord for hours in a group call, just us dudes having a non-gay sausage fest. Maybe we can play Runescape or something too.

But yeah any guys who want to be friends with me, add me to SL by all means.   WinTrain Resident   and furthermore... Add me to discord, cause why not? WinTrain#0766

I'm not the same person I used to be, I kinda grown with having a job for a year, and just making more goals for myself. But yes, add me. I expect 100 friend requests by the end of May 2019, or else, I will vote for Trump 2020 to piss everyone off.    Ok.  Oh, and any girls who want to be friends with me is cool too. I'm a Kentucky guy.

Edited by WinTrain
  • Like 1

Hi. My username is highly outdated and my display name in SL is now Autumn Coleen which is really awkward for someone whose username is officially (and inevitably Kaytie Aie), so I go by either Autumn or Coleen by my friends on there now. 

Anyway I've been on SL for eight years but somewhere down the road, I took a break for about a year or two and when I came back, most if not all my friends have disappeared so I'm back to square one and I'm down to make friends all over again (and hopefully, they can show me some really dope sims).

At the moment, what I like to do is visit amusement park sims, beach sims, or just lounge around in my home sim and AFK (while I play some Steam games). Hopefully a group of people would come in and sweep me from my bored AFK self and start taking me to some fun places and help me enjoy Second Life like I once did. Anyway I like chatting about anything and everything because I'm a shameless human being and I like to do pretty much anything in SL like play some bored games or lounge around (maybe even go to a sandbox and build / destroy random objects); but what I can't do is hardcore roleplay where you really have to type out everything you're doing. Sorry, roleplayers.

Anyway that's me hehe. See y'all in-world.

• Like 2

Hey all 🙂 I'm not exactly new here I created an account maybe a year or two ago but I couldn't remember my information. Being back now there is definitely a lot of change, so I am/feel like a newb which is okay. I need to stay on tutorial island a bit loooonger lol. I'm freshly new to college taking my generals at the moment and will make my way to a University (Very excited about that.) I am an introvert and extrovert I can be very quiet & at times can be very outspoken. I'm very into music, photography, drawing, and makeup. At the moment I am pretty much exploring right now trying to get the gist of Second Life, Second Life is advanced to me which is what drawn me to this virtual game. I like it so far and I hope to make friends :)

On 5/2/2019 at 3:56 AM, Grey Llewellyn said:

Right, jumping in and joining the ranks of the socially anxious introverts .... My name is Grey and I've wandered back after a 10 or so year absence. I would really like to expand my social circle to include more than one person. :D My friend is awesome, but we live in different parts of the world so the window of time when we're both online is kind of small. I tend to be on quite a bit, though not usually between 10 pm SLT and 2 am SLT. I like shopping, exploring, attempting to decorate my house, and working on the odd hunt here and there. I like books, music, various video games, and I make digital art and sometimes dabble in writing and creating non-digital art things. I'm also non-binary, decidedly not straight, and run on lattes.

Well, hello you!

Oh wait, I'm your friend already :P

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It's 2:56am and I'm sitting here replying to this long thread. Normally I wouldn't do this; however, from reading all the previous posts, I thought this would fill my self imposed quota for the week of being social. 

Salutations! I'm Asadora! I'm old! An ancient in-world and 42 in the physical world. I'm an anxious introvert with PTSD, but I use live streaming to help gain confidence in my own voice again. I find it really difficult to 'just' go out and meet other people, meet them well enough and long enough to actually have a productive conversation where each can share and learn from the experiences that they share. Btw, have you ever noticed that whenever you add the word 'just' to anything, it suddenly makes it easier... or at least most people think it does... well it doesn't.

I'm a self taught builder. I actually enjoy sorting through the abyss that is my inventory, it truly is like orgasmic candy for my brain. I love all things brainy, it's just the social aspect of that brainy where I tend to have problems. 

So, that's all me! 

Oh, and I also have therapy once a week, so any one thinking that I wouldn't be the good friend material, don't be scared of the fact that I have mental health issues. That is what the therapy in the physical world is for!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm Milly. I've been in Second Life off and on (under different avatars) for about 12 years. Just took a break for SL for RL reasons and now I'm back.  I will try and read through all the comments and message people but right now I'm adding my own response. 

First some technical stuff -  I'm American on EST so SLT +3 and I'm mainly on in the evenings. I'm also in my 40s if anyone is looking for friends in a certain age group

I like to take pictures, explore sims, find odd things to look at or do random keyword searches and visit stores/sims based on the results. I like playing games like Skippo or U-no although I'm not great at Greedy. I also like to shop although I'm currently broke so mostly just looking and freebie shopping. I also like making new looks and playing with different avatars-- I have Tiny, Dinkie, furry, other odd little things.    Message me and I'll say hi 

names Vicki 

im from the United kingdom 

Looking for friends to play games explore 

someone who doesn't mind being completely off the cuff goofy sometimes and other times just like sitting around under a tree reading 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PianoManDuet said:

Hello all, my name is Nona, I'm 27, and live in the US. I'm pretty much the basic b**ch of SL. I love hosting, shopping, and exploring. I'm nonjudgmental, open minded, and always up for a good conversation. 

I could be wrong, though it appears to me that the first and third sentences of your statement are diametrically opposed and oxymoron-ish. This means UR DoinItRite.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone :) Im Joselyn... Figured I might as well throw myself into the hat here. I've been in SL for over 12 years but took a long 10 year break back in 2008.. Been back for a little over a year, and well I spent a ridiculous amount of time alone dancing,  shopping way too much, and photography.  I have a great sense of humor, open minded, non judgemental, and am down for most things. Love enjoying all that SL has to offer. 

Edited by Joselyn McMillan

Hello SL members ;)

I've come back to this game after many years and am finding it hard to make some genuine in-game friends who aren't just looking for a romantic event. I reside in Kanada, but my family lineage is Russian and I was moved to this country very young.

I like cats, Japanese animation, making objects, exploring, spiritual practices like meditation, walking, and painting. I have some social anxiety, so I wanted to come back to SL in the hopes I can meet some nice people to open up to who aren't so 'pushy', if that makes sense. The only friends I've met so far have been wanting romance and I just want to get to know someone before I would consider such things...Just friends would be a dream come true, but SL seems more sexually orientated now than in the past.

My name is Scott, I live in the united states. I have been here for nearly a decade and mostly have spent that time in RP law enforcement. As of the last 2 or so years more and more long time friends have left. Many of the sims i used to hang around in to meet new people are gone. I just like to hang out and chat about anything really. Im very easy going and just like to hang out. Im not into the club scene but i feel like more and more that is all thats left. I live on the Atoll and love to explore by driving around mainlands.

With most of my old sims gone im very homesick. I feel like im a sole survivor and have no idea how to meet people now. It has been so long since i started i do not even remember how i met most of my long term friends or what i did to make that situation come together. Based on this others are like me and i wish there was more of a universal place people could go to just hang out like that. My Legacy is daedaelus xorbun feel free to message me anytime.

On 5/2/2018 at 11:15 PM, Ruth Scarfould said:

Hi! I'm Ruth,

I'm from Argentina, and i mostly do exploring and scripting... also love playing video games (almost all kinds), im not the best at starting chats lol.

Feel free to IM me anyone if you wanna chat or try to :P

Hi Roth, I would love to chat with you, if you speak Spanish way better, send me an IM, Luis willis   

I'm Stacie. I'm in EST USA. My SL life is pretty much dead,  I just sit in a camping area playing Tiny Empires 3000. I used to be in a vampire coven but they disbanded and I can't bring myself to join a new one. I have no friends left and I do hop around places. I don't have much linden and just want friendship. I'm a woman IRL and married, and I'm not interested in Adult sims. 

Pumasee Resident

I am confused and messy but I have all the good intentions. I am focused on my community development project on my land. I like to hang out with people and hunt for ad boards in busy places. I am on a mission to help and support and I really believe in what I do! I think we live in a beautiful and amazing world filled with great and outstanding people that can become anything if they have the might to keep going on forward to reach their dreams.

I dream... I believe, hope is never dead!

I am really social and talkative when I am not on something but just so you know, when there is something up in my mind; there is nothing else than it...

I do not want to play alone so I share my land.

I am just out of a relationship, open to a new one but not quite ready yet for it. Please understand the distance I keep from opportunities ;)

I am around second life for a really long time but I never had the computer to play so I could recover my most recent account and finally start playing! It took like 10 years of IRL [Censored] to be here... To reach that I could buy the damn computer to run the game. I understand people here that have not it easy to enjoy the fun because I was unable to have it all those years.

So here I have arrived!

I am single, recently separated and ready to play :)

Edited by xenoqc
typo
  • Like 1

hihi everyone! My name is Pupi (kittyppi resident), i am from Brazil and my english isn't really that good .. but i try and learn !~ 

i am very shy and still kinda new to sl. I haven't explored a lot yet. so i dont have the courage to approach anyone, I wait for them to approach me first. I am a very excited person and I'm friendly when making friends, but so far I've been kinda disappointed with people approaching me for different reasons than I had expected ç.ç  I just want to chat and explore together .. or anything that's fun (and that isnt considered adult activity ... i dont have time for that uwu)

I like kpop a lot... and cats. and kawaii fashion/things. But i like to discover new things and get obsessed with them too ! I generally have a lot of free time so I'm online very often. i dunno how to make myself sound interesting , but that's it ;; thank you for reading. if anyone decides to im me, let me know you saw this post and ill give you cookies :3

Hallo everybody,

I am attoro and yes I am lonely. I would like to make some friends on here.

I have had this account for a while but have no idea how to use this platform. 

Is there someone who would like to show me how to use it please?

I am officially middle aged and live in the netherlands. I love to sing and play games on my playstation...

Hope to chat real soon... toodle doo :)

• 1 month later...

I have 10 years in SL, currently my life in SL is almost dead. I enter and stay anchored in a SIM, without saying a word.
I am Spanish and my English is not very good. I thought about learning the language to make the game useful, but I get bored.
I am currently looking to meet a girl to see us in RL, although it is difficult to achieve, this keeps the interest in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I'm Scarlett.

After a long break from SL i really really want to come back, but all my old friends/family dont play anymore so I have no one to talk to so I just log on and do basically nothing. I currently don't work so i have all the time in the world lol. I'm 23, love music (pop, kpop, symphonic metal, industrial, alternative rock) just to name a few. Also love fashion (in game i lean more towards Asian or alternative styles, but who knows what i could be feeling in the future), anime and uhh bit a gaming. I like exploring, im bad at finding cool places though. I absolutely love discovering new things to hear or try .. and i guess anything else u can ask if yourre interested in being friends 😛

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.