For lonely people, just sign your name (and some info)

Derekmate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm Naly. I'm 31/F/New Orleans USA ... and old enough that I still think a/s/l is still used. In world, I enjoy decorating, shopping, and some more decorating. I enjoy video games in general -- especially RPGs. I'm currently playing the new God of War with my husband (we like to play single player games together -- more interactive than just watching TV shows together). It's actually pretty darn good -- and God of War has never been my scene. I guess there's a reason it's winning awards. I also enjoy hula hoop dancing. Yup. It's a thing and I do it. You can look it up on Youtube if you are wondering what I'm talking about. I enjoy reading -- usually fantasy series. I'm rereading Iron Druid at the moment because apparently two books have come out since I last read it. 

Oh... and I like cats... a lot. 

12232671_10207373348744376_6256033009822909472_o_001.thumb.jpg.b69531b4d8f8a31d81671785fefcd2be.jpg

Edited by Nalytha
  • Like 3

Hey i'm Kei. GMT timezone and i enjoy exploring new places, trying new things and creating all sorts of unique looks! Currently trying to work out making mod/clothing textures in photoshop and blender or some other 3D sculpting program but it's harder then it looks! My interests are arts, music, gaming, and shopping! Personality wise i can go from being very shy/unsure of myself when i first meet people and then becoming more of a goofball and a little bit of an odd-ball (although in a fun way!). 

i love all animals and anything that is pastel coloured or just super adorable! And if it's glittery that's even better :P Would love to make some new friends in world who dont mind a little bit of crazy :3 

hii

my name is ana or aer, no preference, I was kinda gone from sl for a while and have recently been around more often.. 

I like shopping for stuff and exploring, I've also done a few hunts and go to some live music events by myself but mostly, I go to empty places and stand around taking pictures of my avi in different outfits..my interests are varied and I like to hang around chatting about things like games, tv, and art..I tried to message as many people from this post as I could but anyone who wants to, feel free message me in-world or on the forums, would be nice to make some new friends! 

• Thanks 1

I believe that SL is about the worst venue to ‘meet’ and get acquainted with that total stranger! Without going into details of how things ‘usually go’... it’s just so difficult to go from first greetings to being truely aquatinted with a new friend.

When and where are first hurdles to overcome, then SL remains backseat to each other’s RL factors. Getting a handle on these are absolutely required at most upfront stages. If a week goes by after that 1st (sometimes exciting) chat before happening to see each other a 2nd time... that’s a big crusher of those preliminary  expectations. Who remembers that far!! Especially when you’ve had a dozen other prospects in that amount of time. 

I openly chat, or approach, ALOT of prospects and rattle off greetings. First because being a male, second because I can count on one hand the times I’d been greeted by a female ( other than the usual of begging for L$s).  

BUT Ladies!! If you happen to be greeted by someone that you’ve liked.... Please try to consider, at least, sending a WAVE back within 2 or 3 days (even if it’s saved as offline) to help get over this hump!

That’s my biggest issue, ladies never initiate IM’s. I DO send saved IM’s... but if met with no response after a couple attempts.. well i’ve Gotta move on.

• Like 3

I'm AdoraJade; 28 years old.. Veteran of the US Army.. Former Corrections Officer for an all male facility.. I am disabled I have Multiple Sclerosis. 

I played a long time ago like 8 years ago; previous club owner, and general manager of a club. I am also looking for jobs in second life <3 If you know of anything (especially anything NOT sex related) please message me! At the moment My profile is littered with sex work and stuff because well that's really the only thing that is always hiring. I am trying to get OUT of the sex job industry. Recently I applied as a wedding coordinator because it seems like such a great job, fun but high stress (which I think I can handle but ya know) and they didn't think I represented what they were about.. I'm willing to fix my profile and stuff.. I really just want someone to give me (the real me) a chance. Thanks for reading. 

Also looking for my S.O.S. xoxo 

(s.o.s. is someone special xD)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi, 

I'm Savvy, 21/F/USA/EST, I enjoy a number of creative things and hobbies (video games, cooking, fashion, interior decorating, painting, reading, board games (DnD, Catan, etc.). Right now I am working on my degree in Digital Marketing. I came to SL wanting to express my creativity (clothing, decorating, creating, etc.) and meet people who also share that. The Drax Files World Makers videos on YouTube are really what made me super interested in making an account. It's so interesting to see how Second Life is for other people... and I really wanted to be apart of that :) Please know that I am still a noob with this world. 

• Like 3

Hello ! I am 27 / F / Europe and looking for friends, pretty basic girl who like to do everything crazy, chill, game, decor, explore, clubs and so on... maybe later start a business in SL. 

I am looking all age friends who wants more from friendship than just chit chat! I want to have good connection with people. Of course this means you are in same level with another person as well and all won't fit that but lets try? :)  

I am silly, outspoken, caring friend who needs friends to hang and have interesting discussions. 

I have met already people who have help me a lot with SL to build my avatar how I want it to look like, and youtube been a big helper too, but  still a lot to learn! I been here just for two months now. Maybe you can help me out and show places or shop with me? :) 

Send me message inworld: ninaxxs

Snapshot_002.png

• Like 4

Hi ! My name is Mahmoud. im 20/M/egyption looking for true friends i'm quiet and shy thats why its hard for me to start chatting i hope that i will find friends and have fun together. IM me inworld maybe we can be good friends :D

Snapshot.png

Edited by Lmahmoud

Hey there I'm Sheeva and looking for some new (furry) friends to have fun in SL. I'm mostly interested in  gaming (mostly WoW), music, clubbing and RP (not always just the sexual kind). I am from Frankfurt (Germany) and speak english and german. Most of the time you will see ma as a cute black and white kitty OR a human Cybergoth mostly in black and turquoise^^. Sooooo if you're interested message me inworld and we will see ;-)

Edited by SweetSheeva

On 5/7/2018 at 1:50 PM, CoffeeDujour said:

I'm noticing a fundamental problem with this thread.

1. We're all introverts. 
  2. We all say something like "message me in world".
  3. We never message anyone, because 1.

Hello,

I noticed that too. Is there a way we can friend each other via these forums so we can know when we are online?

5 hours ago, gceniceros209 said:

Hello,

I noticed that too. Is there a way we can friend each other via these forums so we can know when we are online?

I don't believe that you can 'see' inworld online status from here (in forums). Tho you can 'go back' to your web 'Dashboard' (for your account information) and see it there. Is just a few clicks.. to http://Secondlife.com  . As for "Friending" someone... you need to be inworld for that. 

Here, you can't even see when someone is active in the Forum, when you're in Forums... other than checking timestamps on recent posts. There is a way to sort for 'Unread Content', which usually brings up newest Forum posted messages. Then a different thing.. you can FOLLOW someone here, but is not the same as Friending, it just informs you of their recent posts.

But, when I'm in here (Forums) I'm usually on my cellphone (and at RL work)… so there's no way for me to be inworld.

Clear as MUD!?

On 16/06/2018 at 5:20 PM, gceniceros209 said:

Hello,

Nothing quite like a bulging friends-list of people you cant't message to really hammer home personal isolation.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KSAMaritan said:

Hi, my SL name is KSAMaritan, just a chill dude. In RL I'm a korean guy, who used to SL often ,but after a while I just kinda left ,but now I'm back and well down to mingle with other people, make friends and chill.

hey Maritan....if you live in Korea then you are very close to my hours....about two hours difference i think)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.