Firestorm download

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, MissNomer Gothly said:

Why the hell is it taking 30 minutes to download Firestorm? They need to fix this issue and the need to do it NOW.

Well what an unhelpful bunch on this forum since nobody has actually answered your question! :P

The answer as to why is because of poor bandwidth between the server hosting the download and you.

Now, I just downloaded it in 8 seconds and benchmarked my speed (between me and the nearest speed test server) at 378Mbps, this isn't the full answer though because that doesn't test the speed all the way to the Firestorm server but it would give me an idea as to whether the issue is within my control.

Go to https://www.speedtest.net and see what result you get but clearly "They" have nothing to fix since it seems that only you have reported an issue so far but it could still be anywhere between you and the rest of the path to the Firestorm download server.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

I just downloaded it in 10 seconds, from the UK.

Nevertheless, I think the OP should contact Firestorm and demand her money back.

Noooo Innula, YOU need to ask VM for your money back since they clearly delayed you by 2 seconds compared with me!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, MissNomer Gothly said:

Why the hell is it taking 30 minutes to download Firestorm? They need to fix this issue and the need to do it NOW.

Second Wave Lastnamer Entitlement syndrome...

Also... Your internet seems to suck,  B*tch at your ISP.

12 seconds download of FS viewer while watching funny cats on YouTube and looking at forums here.

What could cause slow downloads?

• Problems with internet connection, your IP.
  • Router - if cabled to router, bad cable. If wireless some interruptions on the wireless signal, overlapping WIFI channels.
  • Faulty virus scanner
  • High disk activity ( >80%)  on a Windows system will causes slow download - can be watched with Task Manager in Windows.
  • Hardware issues - from IRQ bad sharing to real faults in hardware.
  • Huge Windows update interfering...

Any combination of above.

Edited by Rachel1206
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.