Really need help for product settings

Anni Silverweb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all, first I'd like to apologize if I ask something that already had been asked, but I couldn't find an answer yet and I really become desperate ;)

So I bought full perm meshes (from the original creator of course), made textures, applied them, set my permissions for the next owner and so on. I even created a root prim to appear as the creator and huds for my products.

Well, when it came to list the products in the marketplace listing, I got a message "One or more products are not sellable or transferable" (sorry, this is my own translation from German to English and might not be exactly the same O.o).

Err! What did I miss, what did I wrong? 

If someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate....I'm searching for hours now and it's like I have a completely blackout, can't find the answer :( 

Sounds like something you used in the making of your products is no-trans for YOU...

But I'd have to check your items prim by prim to be certain, and I'd have to be you to do it properly, so thats out, you need to go through the product 'prim' by prim and make sure you haven't used any content you bought as no-trans.

It could be a script in the huds, or even a texture you bought some generic background thing used on some part of a hud for example.

Offhand my best guess is that the script in the hud is set incorrectly? For me it is usually scripts or animations but I am guessing your item might be clothing :D. 

A good test is to send the items to an alt who doesn't have a right to modify your items.  I do this with each and every product and it saves a lot of hassles.

You will be able to see WHICH part of your set is the problematic one (hopefully just one) and can fix that part. You need to make sure that each piece of your mesh  has the correct permissions and that includes scripts, notecards, and the mesh itself. It is unlikely that a texture is the problem since most are full perm -- but check those too. 

Once the items transfer to your alt and they can USE IT as designed (don't forget to test that part) then you should have no trouble on the Marketplace. 

Ok, thank you so much for replying :) so I guess I really have to go trough......for the textures I don't think it's the problem, as I create them myself (and yes my products are clothing), maybe I missed something by by/after uploading them...? 

I made a new folder where I only put the different mesh models in (Maitreya, Slink, Belleza etc), no script, notecard, pic or other in it and I had still the same problem. I'm not new in SL (9 y in a month), but this "set products" really is beyond my brain xD

Aww, I think I found it....it was the bosh scripts, particulary the "License", it's only copy, the slave is copy+modify.

But now I'm even more confused, when I learned about creating a hud, the tutorial said to put the license and the slave script in the content tab..... :(

Oh my, I thought it would cost a lot of time to create my textures, but this is nothing compared to this thing xD

14 minutes ago, Anni Silverweb said:

Aww, I think I found it....it was the bosh scripts, particulary the "License", it's only copy, the slave is copy+modify.

But now I'm even more confused, when I learned about creating a hud, the tutorial said to put the license and the slave script in the content tab..... :(

Oh my, I thought it would cost a lot of time to create my textures, but this is nothing compared to this thing xD

Huhu, bin grad online, kannst mich gern mal in SL anschreiben dann schauen wir uns das mal zusammen an :)

Check the last steps of the instructions

once you finish making the hud like after u set it all up, you got to delete the license script.

depending which item of bosh u have some you got to click the root prim and a menu comes up and u click ‘ encrypt’ there’s some other word with it I can’t remember. Other ones you can just delete the license script once your done.

So, I "repared" all my fails and I'm a very happy little texturer :D Thank you so much syn and Amethest too, you both brought me on the right way and this is highly appreciated.

Since I had to repeat all the time the same steps, I'm in good hope that the procedure is now stuck in my head lol. Its easy when you know what to do and a pain in the butt if you don't ^^

Thank you so much for the advise  and help :x, you saved my little cretor-life xD

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.