Please help, going nuts, camera gone wrong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been trying to help my friend fix her camera angle and I'm going nuts. It only happens to her on a specific character. It stays overhead all the time. No matter how many times things have been set to default, or have gone into camera settings and tried to fix it. I logged in her character and had the same problem. I googled and tried everything I read from going into the advance menu and resetting camera focus things to adjusting it under the mouse/viewer settings. Nothing is helping her. The black bar at the top of the picture is where the second floor starts of the house. It's much worse, but I had to cut the picture down to be able to upload it here. She's currently using Firestorm, the most recent version. Thanks in advance

Camera angle_001.png

Edited by JubileeJuniper
adding

Try resetting the debug settings FocusOffsetRearView and CameraOffsetRearView to default.

In Firestorm use Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S to open the Debug Settings floater, type "rearview" in the search box and then click the Reset to default button for each of the two settings.

3 minutes ago, KT Kingsley said:

Try resetting the debug settings FocusOffsetRearView and CameraOffsetRearView to default.

In Firestorm use Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S to open the Debug Settings floater, type "rearview" in the search box and then click the Reset to default button for each of the two settings.

I had her do that, and it just stays at that overhead nonsense view. :< Thank you though 

There is a WHOLE page of ways to get your camera back somewhere on the Firestorm wiki (likely applicable to the Linden viewer too). If you can't find that, chat up the inworld group and as the person "on call" for the URL.  I had a friend that had to go quite aways down the list to get fixed but he did get fixed. 

Also on the off chance could she be wearing any kind of object that would cause that condition? Always good to check that too. Nasty stuff out there.

Get completely naked and relog and see if that helps. Of course save your outfit first :D for easy dressing. 

So, if by "specific character" you mean this only happens when she's wearing a particular outfit, I'd guess she may be wearing a scripted attachment that manipulates her camera view. Try removing individual attachments, and you may find one that's causing the problem.

2 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

There is a WHOLE page of ways to get your camera back somewhere on the Firestorm wiki (likely applicable to the Linden viewer too). If you can't find that, chat up the inworld group and as the person "on call" for the URL.  I had a friend that had to go quite aways down the list to get fixed but he did get fixed. 

Also on the off chance could she be wearing any kind of object that would cause that condition? Always good to check that too. Nasty stuff out there.

Get completely naked and relog and see if that helps. Of course save your outfit first :D for easy dressing. 

haha yeah we went through the whole camera stuff on wiki. I took everything off and relogged earlier and same thing happen. Gonna keep trying. thanks

2 minutes ago, KT Kingsley said:

So, if by "specific character" you mean this only happens when she's wearing a particular outfit, I'd guess she may be wearing a scripted attachment that manipulates her camera view. Try removing individual attachments, and you may find one that's causing the problem.

Yeah we took everything off, relogged and still crappy view. It's a wild ride that's for sure. I'll try again

Just now, JubileeJuniper said:

haha yeah we went through the whole camera stuff on wiki. I took everything off and relogged earlier and same thing happen. Gonna keep trying. thanks

So does this ONLY happen on Firestorm or Linden Viewer or (name of other 3rd party viewer)?  Have you checked in another viewer?

If you have checked and gone through all the possibilities then it SEEMS like you need to uninstall and reinstall without restoring settings. If that worked and fixed it, then you could try restoring settings.  If that messed things up you know where the problem in and can reinstall and reset all the settings. MESSY for sure but that would be "my" next step.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.