Sign in to follow this  
entity0x

Get "Sansar" Experience in SL Using "M"

I guess not many people have realized that one can get the "Sansar" experience in SL with one simple stroke of one's finger on the Keyboard.

It's called "M" for "Mouse-look".

No special equipment needed, no tethering to a chair or cable or equipment, no dedicated 10x10 foot space required in your home, nor any extra expense since the tools are right here at your disposal.

"M" or 'mouselook' also would change how SL'ers would view sims and their experiences would change. Suddenly, you can walk through homes, doorways, hallways built to actual avatar scale... Suddenly that scale furniture and space seems a bit more immersive... Isn't that what you want? Immersive?

Right now, I can fit an entire coffee shop, restaurant or nightclub in the upstairs room of my default Linden home - using avatar scaled furniture and items.

Perhaps consideration by SL'ers and Lindens and Sim owners and creators alike could start designing and optimizing Second Life itself for this "VR" like experience, which is at best a joke...

Maybe even create sims that utilize "Mouselook" as the only way you can view the sim, which would open up new 'experiences' SL-style that would breathe more life into it.

VR is still in it's infancy - let it develop a bit more before throwing out SL yet...

• Like 1

I love Sansar and I don't use a VR headset .. I don't use first person either. I hate first person. To say that just using mouse look in SL gets the same experience as Sansar isn't very accurate. There's a world of difference between the two platforms. Not saying one is better than the other just that they are very very very different.

• Like 1