How do you use your premium tier?

Hazencruz Vanderbor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have had premium for about two months now, and I'm thinking it might be cheaper for me to just use my tier for the mainland to put my home on.

I don't know how to use it, and I've been searching the website for hours.

Where do I go to actually claim this tier?

How do I see what Land is available and where?

Sorry, this has probably been asked before and answered but I just can't seem to find the info.

4 answers to this question

It's probably best to just wander interesting Mainland areas with the Map open, looking for yellow For Sale parcels, but you can also use Search to get some help discovering what's out there. Here's a link that will find Mainland parcels of all maturity levels at or smaller than 1120 sq.m. -- where 1120 is the largest parcel a Group can own with 1024 sq.m. of tier (because groups get a 10% bonus). You can change the settings to search only 1024s if you prefer to stick to non-group ownership. You can also set Search to see Auctions, or go directly to the Auction page.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hazencruz Vanderbor said:

Where do I go to actually claim this tier?

You don't need to "claim" it.  You have it already. It is a waiver for monthly land fees, applied automatically as a credit against the total fees that you owe each month on land that you own on the Mainland continent.  So, if you buy land, the monthly land fees for up to 1024 sq m are covered automatically.  You don't have to do anything.

The important conditions are:

1. You must be a Premium member

2. Your land must be on the Mainland (not private estates).

3. You must own the land, not rent it.

So, go out and buy land.  The rest is automatic. If you buy more than a total of 1024 sq m, the waiver will still automatically cover the fees for the first 1024 sq m.  You pay the rest.

Edited by Rolig Loon

As Qie suggests, I use both the world Map and Search to find Mainland for sale.  (The land Auctions are worth checking out too, but many more parcels are sold directly resident-to-resident than are listed in the Auctions.)

My general process:  Find a parcel for sale by using Search.  Look at its information to find it on the world Map.  If the location looks interesting, teleport there to examine the parcel in person.  Look at the area carefully...are there a lot of tacky builds and privacy screens?  If it's waterfront, is the water "protected" (owned by Governor Linden) or not?  Are there a lot of breeding farms in the region, causing lag?  Is the sky too crowded with skyboxes? (fly up and check).

If the asking price seems too high, remember that you can always contact the seller and try to negotiate a lower price.  But never pay a seller directly!  Use the "Buy" or "Buy for Group" buttons in the About Land window.

I teach a class on Second Life land on Saturdays, at Caledon Oxbridge University, at 12 noon SL time.  It's free to attend!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.