Spinning connecting sims?

Sciffer Mortenwold

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Sciffer Mortenwold said:

When connection two sims, can you spin the one you connect? Like Say I want connect south to south instead north to south. 

No.  It's not just something that's "not allowed".  It's actually something that is impossible, because of the way that region geography is encoded.  The southwest corner of every region must always be in the southwest, not rotated somewhere else.

That means when connecting two sims north side of the sim that you are moving will always be connected at the south side? Like there is absolutely no way of moving a sim and connect south to south? Just wanna make sure that question is clear, cause we have sim already built to where connecting north to south will mean we have to rebuild entirely. 

45 minutes ago, Sciffer Mortenwold said:

That means when connecting two sims north side of the sim that you are moving will always be connected at the south side?

That's precisely what it means.  Linden Lab cannot rotate a region..... ever .... for any reason ... even if they want to .... which they don't.  It cannot be done.

If you want to go to all the trouble, you can probably buy a scripted device (or create one if you are truly ambitious) to copy all of the information about the hills and valleys on your region and then do the mathematical transformation to rotate the geometric matrix and they apply it to your region again.  And then move all the buildings and trees and grass and hopping bunnies ..... That's a whale of a lot of work and, frankly, not worth it.  One of the fun things about owning a region is that you get to redesign the whole thing any time you like.

If it's a private region then download the baked geometry into a TIFF file, rotate the TIFF file, then re-upload the TIFF file to redo the region geometry. All-in-all about 5 minutes work.

For those who own a private region: you know what I'm talking about. For those who don't and don't, it's a moot point.

@Sciffer Mortenwold - if you rent these regions then ask the estate owner to do this for you.

2 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

never heared about that, for my terrain i always use .raw

they are both uncompressed bitmap files, technically not much difference in reading as height is encoded in a 1 channel picture ....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.