Latest update turned my mesh body white

Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I get updates automatically, and I got the latest one about an hour ago when I booted up the LL viewer. I logged in to find my mesh body was white. I relogged and it was still white. It's fine in the Firestorm viewer buit, of course, that doesn't have the latest updates.

Ideas?

Edited by Phil Deakins

4 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Can you check if the "hardware skinning" checkbox is enabled? Maybe your graphics defaults were set back.

That did it. It was disabled. Enabling it fixed the problem.

Thank you Fionalein.

And thank you Whirly. If it's still of any interest, the viewer build is 5.1.3.514128 (64bit)

This paricular download caused a problem with AVG. AVG didn't trust it and wouldn't let it install, even after I clicked to say that I trust it several times. It eventually installed, but it took half a dozen attempts or more. It's not been a smooth update :)

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Deann3 said:

So it's a viewer/mesh issue that is causing some avatars to appear as one unified color blob? Interesting.

Not really. Stripped naked, my avatar was the right shape, but white all over - not a blob. Removing Adam's body alpha revealed the system body. It was that body alpha that had turned white instead of being transparent.

Edited by Phil Deakins

I think - and i could be wrong here - but i think it may also be affecting normal bodies that are past a certain age. Lately - and it doesn't matter what alt i'm using, i've been seeing a nubmer of avatars all one-uniform color. They're all older avi's also. Was talking to a guy last night, and he doesn't use mesh (for anything) but his avatar was nearly a decade old. So maybe that the update doesn't just affect certain meshes.

When I removed the mesh body's alpha layer, the system body showed perfectly, so it looks like 2 different problems. You could suggest to those who have the problem you described that they try Fionalein's suggestion:-

On 06/04/2018 at 4:04 AM, Fionalein said:

Can you check if the "hardware skinning" checkbox is enabled? Maybe your graphics defaults were set back.

It solved my problem.

Edited by Phil Deakins

3 hours ago, Milla Alexandre said:

Where do I find hardware skinning setting?  I'm having the same problem and I have an older avatar. Also my backgrounds are not loading, I just see greys.

Thank you,

Milla

in preferences > graphics settings... in FS it somewhat to the right lower end of the first settings tab.

grey is just... the textures are missing, most likley lag

This is how I load now, no background, no clothes, no skin only pieces of my mesh hair.  As you can see, my boots are fine and my cuffs and collar show up perfectly.   Also, when I logged in it downloaded the patch to the viewer.  I am using and older non-mesh system body.   Any thoughts??

Thanks in advance,

Milla

current.png

Your image looks like basic shaders are disabled - that mucky grey haze on the horizon line gives it away.

In the top menu bar of the viewer, go to Help -> About Second Life & click the "Copy to clipboard" button & paste all your system information in here.

This is what I look like now, shaders are enabled? I also reinstalled the viewer......

Everything loaded except my mesh hair.

I can't move or fly either.

Second Life Release 5.1.3.513644 (64bit)
Release Notes
You are at 143.0, 123.0, 23.0 in Forest Haven located at sim9766.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.45.100:13019)
SLURL: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Forest Haven/143/123/23
(global coordinates 180,367.0, 247,419.0, 23.0)
Second Life Server 18.03.27.513831
Error fetching server release notes URL.
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz (2592 MHz)
Memory: 16276 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 16299)
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
Windows Graphics Driver Version: 22.20.16.4771
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0 - Build 22.20.16.4771
Window size: 1920x1017
Font Size Adjustment: 96pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 64m
Bandwidth: 500kbit/s
LOD factor: 1.125
Render quality: 0 / 7
Advanced Lighting Model: Disabled
Texture memory: 512MB
VFS (cache) creation time: March 01 2018 13:19:18
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.9.1
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.64
Dullahan: 1.1.1080 / CEF: 3.3325.1750.gaabe4c4 / Chromium: 65.0.3325.146
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Vivox 4.9.0002.27586
Packets Lost: 0/50 (0.0%)
April 14 2018 12:22:22

viewer shot.png

• Thanks 1

Thanks.
I logged into that location & the region is fine.

Your system information shows "Render quality: 0 / 7" so I don't think you have even basic shaders enabled.

Can you open Preferences (CTRL+P) -> Graphics tab -> Click the "Advanced Settings" button.
Take a screenshot showing that Advanced settings window & post it here.

That system shouldn't have any problem running Basic Shaders or even ALM in most scenes - my older laptop had the same chip with the Intel(R) HD Graphics 520.
Is your system a laptop with dual graphics by any chance?

Your graphics driver ( 22.20.16.4771) is a few months out of date.
Can you use the Intel driver update utility to update to the latest driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27336/IDUU-redirect?product=79577

I think it should offer you this driver version: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27650/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?product=80939

I downloaded the new graphics driver and everything looks fine, my new problem is that the screen freezes if there's too many other  avatars in the same region.  Also, I can't go home at all, it tells me "region is unavailable".  Yet my landlord is IMing me about rent.  I've already contacted her and told I can't get to my apartment, no word back yet.  Just more curious about the freezing issue. 

Thanks in advance, 

Milla

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.