return after extended absence

SdrawkcabHtapohcysp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I have returned to SL after an extended vacation, and i thought i could not remember my login credentials. So i requested a password reset, but it appeared that my username was changed ???? into SdrawkcabHtapohcysp. So after that was figured out, I could log in again, but everything I previously owned was gone. My account was empty and noobisch. 

Anyone that can explain this ? And maybe knows a fix ?

Thanks. 

Edited by SdrawkcabHtapohcysp

19 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, SdrawkcabHtapohcysp said:

Hi, I have returned to SL after an extended vacation, and i thought i could not remember my login credentials. So i requested a password reset, but it appeared that my username was changed ???? into SdrawkcabHtapohcysp. So after that was figured out, I could log in again, but everything I previously owned was gone. My account was empty and noobisch. 

Thanks. 

Sounds strange, maybe you accidentalty "hijacked" SdrawkcabHtapohcysp's account?

8 minutes ago, SdrawkcabHtapohcysp said:

Thanks. 

The username is how you signed up, nobody changes that.

If you use the pw recovery by email, you get the last created account as response.

If you want to be sure the other account is still there you have to move this one to another email, and see if the support server comes with another name.

What do you mean your username was changed?
What was your previous username?

If you previously deleted your SL account & then reactivated it, it's possible that your inventory is broken - this can happen with older accounts that were deleted because of the way they were put into "cold storage".
Best thing to do is to file a support ticket & LL support can hopefully get you fixed up.

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131009-contact-support

Your username cannot be changed by anyone except LL.  They will sometimes do this if you have chosen a user name that is obscene or offensive, especially if other people complain about it.  However, your inventory should not have been affected, if this were the situation.

You can file a support case with Linden Lab, using the Help/Support/Create Case link at the upper right of your Dashboard page on this website.  Be sure to include your original username.  Ask them to 1) restore your username, if possible and 2) restore your $L balance and inventory, if possible.  It may not be possible, though.  Even if it can be done, LL might refuse to do so.  They might request that you send them further proof of your identity.  And they might charge you a $10 recovery fee.

EDIT:  Paslong's answer gives a clue!  If you created the "psychopathbackwards" (I refuse to spell it in your direction) account as an alt, the password reset might've been sent for THAT account, leaving your original account somewhere in limbo still.

Edited by Lindal Kidd

When you first click 'Forgot your login information', you get a screen that has 2 sections, though that might have not been noticed.  The top part asks for your Username &captcha verification and then you click a button labeled "Send Instructions".  That part will send password reset instructions to the last known email address for the Username that you entered.

The bottom part of that screen is for when you don't even remember the username.  In that part, you enter an email address and click 'Forgot Account Name' and it will then send the Username that was last associated with that email address.

So if you entered an email address, using the bottom portion of the screen, and they sent you this username (the one that created this post) then that is the last Username that LL assocaited with the email address.

If you know your original account name and have access to the email that was last used with the account, you should be able to use the top portion of that screen to simply get a password reset.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SdrawkcabHtapohcysp said:

holy crap... it did not even occur to me that it was psychopathbackwards........

I'm contacting support... maybe they can help me..... this is freaky. 

Hmmm.. That's the first thing I noticed, even before I read your initial post.  I guess my brain is wired backwards.  O.o

Now, I'm surprised that nobody else has advised you before this.  Don't just contact support.  Follow the instructions here ASAP >>>

Read the section under "What to do if your account has been compromised."  If you ever suspect that someone has gained access to your account, report it immediately and take whatever steps you can to chage the password, if you can.  As soon as Linden Lab receives a report of suspected account tampering, they will freeze the account while they investigate.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Hmmm.. That's the first thing I noticed, even before I read your initial post.  I guess my brain is wired backwards.  O.o

Now, I'm surprised that nobody else has advised you before this.  Don't just contact support.  Follow the instructions here ASAP >>>

Read the section under "What to do if your account has been compromised."  If you ever suspect that someone has gained access to your account, report it immediately and take whatever steps you can to chage the password, if you can.  As soon as Linden Lab receives a report of suspected account tampering, they will freeze the account while they investigate.

done so. 

51 minutes ago, SdrawkcabHtapohcysp said:

that's the thing, i didn't. my username was rudy yoshiyuki idk what happened

That's... really odd!
It doesn't look like rudy yoshiyuki ever existed as a user name either.

There is a Rudi Yoshiyuki though! Did you remember the spelling of Rudi incorrectly?

That still doesn't explain how you ended up in control of SdrawkcabHtapohcysp though!

• Thanks 1

That is totally messed up, but doesn't actually sound like this person's account (Rudi Yoshiuki) was actually compromised.  More like his email got hijacked and associated with the SdrawkcabHtapohcysp's account - whom this person has never heard of.   Because apparently the user is still in control of his email.

4 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

and.... if it's not yours... why on earth keep using it here ...

Use a support ticket, say (what you apparently claim happend) that your account got restored but you got the wrong account... meanwhile create an alt, your inventory is not in the wrong account anyways (I'm sure the helpdesk will understand that, and there are no rules prohibiting against it)

Edited by Fionalein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.