Land lag effect doors?

Juliviere

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've had land for a few months now, I've just really been paying my rent and afking on it. Today I decided to buy a house and plop it down. It's a pretty great house! That aside, I've noticed the doors and windows opening WAY slower than they did when I bought it from the land I previewed it on. Now, I'm pretty sure this isin't an option I can turn on to make them open faster... I've come to the consensus that maybe land lag is a big effect. Since I think the land I rent is pretty laggy. Is this the case? Would a laggy-ish land make it so doors and windows open super slow? 

1 answer to this question

33 minutes ago, Juliviere said:

Would a laggy-ish land make it so doors and windows open super slow?

Doors etc work by means of scripts... if the script is set to create 'smooth' animation rather than just instantly moving the door from closed to open, then yeah, laggy sims can make the door animation script slow to respond at all, and slow and/or jerky in operation.

Press crtl+shift+1 and check your regions performance, things to look for are at the bottom of the page, like 'physics time', also check the '% of scripts run' figure about half way down, a laggy region with excessive physics time will have a low % of scripts run figure, that means slow to respond jerky door scripts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.