Do Omega appliers work on all mesh bodies?

kershe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay - I do NOT mean "all" in a literal sense. Obviously they won't work on mesh bodies that aren't Omega-enabled or whatever.

Specifically, what I'm asking is this: I have these mesh bodies: Venus, Maitreya, Classic eBody, and Curvy eBody.

If I buy some clothes that are Omega-applied, will they work on all those bodies? Do they work in a way similar to the way system-layer clothes work on the classic avatar?

5 answers to this question

For all (or most) of those bodies you will have to also buy the applicable Omega relay system.  For Maitreya (and maybe some others), you have to always have the Omega-Maitreya relay HUD attached when you attach the applicable Omega applier for it all to communicate.  For some other bodies, you buy an Omega relay, you attach the HUD once and it installs itself into the body so that Omega appliers can then talk directly to the body.

Once the relay is set up, then you attach the applicable applier and click it. It then basically paints the texture onto the mesh body, similar to how system layers are painted onto the classic avatar -- similar, but not exactly the same.

And yeah, some bodies are not Omega compatible at all.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 2

Especialy heads are often only partial compatible. That partial ability can be makeup layers only but no skins (Genesis) and restrictions on where the layers go (while skins cover the whole head, most heads will not have a makeup layer that stretches to your hairbase region)

eBody will work wth Omega cloth out of the box, Maitreya and Venus will need add-ons (can be one time installers alternating the internal scripts or relay HUDs)

Here's the techie explanation: mesh needs to know where the textures go, this is arranged by a UV-map. Omega works for any mesh that shares the UV-map of the original classic avatar (yes from a techie point of view those are mesh too, take that , mesh snobs). The applier HUDs tell the mesh object to use a new texture. Now some mesh objects understand your omega applier output right away (like eBody and Tonic), some can be tought to (like installer scripts for Vista or Slink hands, which can be altered with the installer taht adds scripts to them) and some need a translation device (like Maitreya, where the relay listens  the output of the omega appliers and then generates a new output that will be understood by Maitreya's mesh).

Will the clothes work like system clothes ? Not entirely. You cannot combine them on mesh, you can only ever have one skin, one tattoo, one underwear and one clothing layer active in each of your 3 body sections (head, upper and lower). But here's the bonus: Those layers are actualy different meshes you wear like an onion. And most mesh makers have the clothing layer removed quite a bit from the main body to add a little 3D looks to stuff worn there (it is still flat but now it has an edge, you don't need  much more for a perfect swimsuit).

All that said and done I only ever use the tattoo and skin layer myself and prefer to wear mesh cloth.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kershe said:

Thanks for the answers. I had avoided applier clothes up to now because what I'd tried looked flat and painted-on. But most of the clothes I've found for eBody Curvy don't really cover the lower part of my butt, so I've been looking for shorts and jeans and such. Since there isn't a huge variety yet for that body, I figured I ought to explore the Omegas, because I really love that body.

Amazingly  "I" don't have Omega for head (old Letluka so doesn't work) or Maitreya (lots of appliers FOR Maitreya anyway) but my alts do.

Beautiful Dirty Rich has some great applier jeans for a group gift (pretty sure still out there) and there are some killer  shorts out by MOZ that work perfectly with eBody classic (even free as no alphas needed) so assume they would be just as good for eBody Curvy.

backside.jpg.b6235aeb260a1ed3426200a256b48627.jpg

• Thanks 1

... and some are only partly Omega-compatible. For example, they might not take Omega skins, or parts of the body like the feet and hands might take Omega skins but nothing else. The body makers might be coy about these things, but the Omega relay's marketplace description would usually point them out.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the answers. I had avoided applier clothes up to now because what I'd tried looked flat and painted-on. But most of the clothes I've found for eBody Curvy don't really cover the lower part of my butt, so I've been looking for shorts and jeans and such. Since there isn't a huge variety yet for that body, I figured I ought to explore the Omegas, because I really love that body.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.