Alexa Linden

Bakes on Mesh Feedback Thread

16 minutes ago, Cesartje said:

I cant get clothes alpha to work - i wear it, and nothing happens. It used to work fine. Help. 

I don't know which body you are using, but if by chance it's the Maitreya, then regular system alphas won't work to make parts of the body invisible yet. Once the body is really updated to BoM those system alphas will do what alpha cuts do now. Currently, the HUD provided by Maitreya is a temporary measure to let people experiment with Bakes on the body. You can only use system layers such as skins, tattoos and clothing layers for now. 

2 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I don't know which body you are using

Belleza Jake. It used to work, not working anymore ... cries. 

2 minutes ago, Cesartje said:

Belleza Jake. It used to work, not working anymore ... cries. 

Ahhhh. Sorry, I don't have any experience with that body. Hopefully someone will come along with the answer sooner than later.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cesartje said:

I cant get clothes alpha to work - i wear it, and nothing happens. It used to work fine. Help. 

Make sure your mesh body is set for alpha blending or alpha masking, else Alpha won't work with baked textures on mesh.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Henri Beauchamp said:

Make sure your mesh body is set for alpha blending or alpha masking, else Alpha won't work with baked textures on mesh.

ok, i will try that, thank you so much

update: belleza doesnt work with clothes alpha, i tried the blending and the masking - skin and tats apply fine, but alpha layers dont work. I tried exmachina BOM and slink redux, both work fine with the clothes alpha. Maybe something to do with the fact that belezza still have onions? My partner has the Signature bakes on mesh and clothes alpha doesnt apply either. 

19 minutes ago, Cesartje said:

update: belleza doesnt work with clothes alpha, i tried the blending and the masking - skin and tats apply fine, but alpha layers dont work. I tried exmachina BOM and slink redux, both work fine with the clothes alpha. Maybe something to do with the fact that belezza still have onions? My partner has the Signature bakes on mesh and clothes alpha doesnt apply either. 

Setting it to alpha masking isn't enough without a proper cutoff value set. 

Also, this thread should be left about questions regarding BOM or problems at time of using it. I don't think that it's the best place to ask for support to dedicated products. You could always ask on each mesh body group or directly to their creator. Most people here can't assist you at all since most mesh bodies are no mod. 

8 minutes ago, Kitsune Shan said:

Setting it to alpha masking isn't enough without a proper cutoff value set. 

Also, this thread should be left about questions regarding BOM or problems at time of using it. I don't think that it's the best place to ask for support to dedicated products. You could always ask on each mesh body group or directly to their creator. Most people here can't assist you at all since most mesh bodies are no mod. 

ok, so sorry, I thought it was a bom related problem, i should have tried other bodies before posting -  my bad. Once again, sorry.

Edited by Cesartje
typo (as always)

52 minutes ago, LillyoftheVeil said:

is there a list of body creators or head creators that support BOM as well as skin stores? 

This is a start:

• Like 1

oky here is  weirdness my skin is rom nominee  I use the  baked on mesh from maitreya so I have a classic head and  mesh body its so  weird it  seems my head and  body are  2  different  skins argh anyone  else having this issue

17 hours ago, Quynh Zemlja said:

oky here is  weirdness my skin is rom nominee  I use the  baked on mesh from maitreya so I have a classic head and  mesh body its so  weird it  seems my head and  body are  2  different  skins argh anyone  else having this issue

A lot will depend on the lighting. With advanced lighting on and/or certain light settings, a mesh body will react differently to light than the default head will, especially if you've got materials (shine, etc.) turned on for your mesh body.

Another possibility is that the body has been tinted, which you might have done to adjust the body to your head skin before you turned on Bakes-on-Mesh for the body.

Wow!  I am impressed,  I just received the Maitreya Lara V5 BOM version..  as an update at no additional cost..  and I must say after reading all the information about it and trying it out  I am very very impressed indeed.  This body covers it all!  Everything you need as a mesh body, alpha sections hud included, plus the BOM features and more...  Thank you Maitreya, this was well worth waiting for!

Am I correct in thinking that we will have to strip back down to a test male or female avatar covered with a mesh avatar we download along with all its "faces"?  What happens to our mesh bodies, e.g., Maitreya?  Do we have to detach it and wear the downloaded mesh one for BoM and switch bodies when not using BoM or can the Maitreya look be baked on as another layer?   If I cant make the BoM avatar look like my Maitreya I think Ill leave it all well alone.

Edited by Tallulah Bilavio

1 minute ago, Tallulah Bilavio said:

Am I correct in thinking that we will have to strip back down to a test male or female avatar covered with a mesh avatar we download along with all its "faces"?  What happens to our mesh bodies, e.g., Maitreya?  Do we have to detach it and wear the downloaded mesh one for BoM and switch bodies when not using BoM?   If I cant make the BoM avatar look like my Maitreya I think Ill leave it all well alone.

If you have Maitreya, just get a re-delivery, and the re-delivery will be the BOM enabled Maitreya body which you can use just as you're using your current Maitreya body (without BOM) or you can 'turn off' the additional layers and choose BOM for the skin option (all done within the HUD). 

There is no separate 'BOM avatar' - it's existing mesh bodies that have been enabled or reconfigured to have BOM enabled.

Oh thank you so much for clearing that up.  I got directed to a page of instructions telling me all that stuff about test female and downloading a mesh avatar.  I feel much better about it now.  Thank you 😊

• Like 1

yes!  the Maitreya version 5 BOM is amazing.. it has it all with very little effort you can switch back and forth, great hud.. Maitreya got it RIGHT!