Alexa Linden

Bakes on Mesh Feedback Thread

11 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

So instead of just wearing a mesh head and mesh bento fingers I am forced to wear a mesh body for that little bit or neck or I can use no BoM? Was that what you all hoped for? Making folks wear complexity bombs when not needed?

You can use Bakes-on-Mesh for the head just fine. The standard neck joint of every popular human mesh head and body is at the line between the head and upper textures. You can apply the head texture of the avatar bake to the mesh head and the body bake to the default body. You'll need to use appliers for the hands if you want the default body to wear the upper body texture.

15 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Nothing, I just think the hopes put into it are overrated. Why do you take everything I find bad in it as a personal offense?

I don't take it as a personal offense; I take it as an offense to logic and the truth, which I take far more seriously.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2018 at 11:19 PM, Fionalein said:

So instead of just wearing a mesh head and mesh bento fingers I am forced to wear a mesh body for that little bit or neck or I can use no BoM? Was that what you all hoped for? Making folks wear complexity bombs when not needed?

If your partial mesh covers, for example, the hands and forearms and not the rest of the torso, they only need to use one of the three "aux" textures. That way your system body will stay visible and you can wear your alpha layer to hide the partial bits.

Besides, our limits have been expanded. Even if you still had to wear a full mesh body (or just an upper body), it would be no worse than what we already had while still giving us something new and otherwise useful.

You can always find faults or areas of improvement even in a flawless feature and I agree that BOM is not the savior of SL because it still has to be implemented by the same users we've been dealing with regarding mesh itself, but BOM is definitely a good thing for SL due to how many more potential options it provides for creativity (regardless of if you're a creator or not).

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1