Kittycats support????? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So my Firestorm Kitty had an issue and I solved a bunch of it by taking her up and putting her down but she cannot ROAM at all (she will come to me with "follow" when I am around.

Before when things went wrong with a friend's kitty support came and seemingly reset the script and all was well again.

But going to the Kittycats support center inworld, the board doesn't work at all. Only one person showing as being on line so I found her with search but she was NOT online at all. The Christmas decorations are still out.

This doesn't look good.  Am I going to have a "tentbound" kitty? (I made her a very cool special sleeping tent).  Are they regrouping for animesh and leaving the other kitties behind?

Anyone know what is going on there. I would like her to be able to MOVE from one tiny spot. 

Thanks. 

I remember the kittycats support group being quite helpful for the short period of time I was in it, have you tried asking in there? I'm sure there's at least a couple people who have come across the same issue so they might have an answer.

It's a good question indeed though, I used to be heavily into breedables once upon a time though I never had to reset one. My gut feeling says it won't mess the cat up but please don't quote me on it, it's always better to be safe than sorry. I wish I could help you more but I can't, so good luck finding the answer and to satisfy my curiousity I'd love to hear what you find out about it!

1 hour ago, Charlotte Bartlett said:

Can you reset scripts yourself (or does that fubar the kitty?)

Isn't Kittycat's Callie Cline - I know she isn't online a lot but she is normally very responsive if you have to escalate non support I would think.

No you cannot reset the scripts although I wouldn't want to do that anyway really.  And yes, several years ago support for Kittycats was great. No argument there, but really? Christmas decorations out in April? And support terminal not working at all? No Kittycat's calendar this last year?  That doesn't seem too promising. I did write to a seemingly support person (nothing mentioned any longer in her profile) so we'll see. Pearl DID move a few meters but that might have been because I was on the scene and she tried to follow. She is now sleeping again on her bed. 

Yes, Kittycats is Callie (or was originally anyway). There is the top support person listed to contact and I can try that. Callie's profile except for a newish photo hasn't been changed in forever as things listed there as "new" were long ago. So she seems to have pretty much left the building. 

I guess I can always go over and "walk Pearl" to a new spot every now and then. Maybe she is better. Maybe the support person listed is still active. 

One can hope.  Thanks for the replies.

Pearl is 1672 days old so not a Spring Chicken :D. 

Try sending the cat to the cattery and then call it back. This will reset the scripts properly.

If you have already tried this method, I apologize for asking you to repeat it. I've found that sending to the cattery works for me.

4 hours ago, Jerilynn Lemon said:

Try sending the cat to the cattery and then call it back. This will reset the scripts properly.

If you have already tried this method, I apologize for asking you to repeat it. I've found that sending to the cattery works for me.

Thanks. I found the page on that.  

2 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Sorry for hijacking the thread, they announced going animesh, or is that just a speculation?

LOL.  I don't even have that speculation with everyone at Kittycat's seeming "gone" :D.   No word back from support and I might try again,  but a friend is going to try sending her cat (not rezzed in a long time) to the cattery for a test and if that works I will try Pearl. I really don't want to lose her after all this time so a little reticent. 

I suspect as many others do that the release of ani-mesh to the masses will change PETS in a big way. Whether Kittycats is working on that I have no idea, BUT if they were, not paying any attention to the thousands of kitties out there is not a good plan in my book. So I can't see that they are -- OR they are SO involved in that they have let other stuff slide.   

25 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I suspect as many others do that the release of ani-mesh to the masses will change PETS in a big way. Whether Kittycats is working on that I have no idea, BUT if they were, not paying any attention to the thousands of kitties out there is not a good plan in my book. So I can't see that they are -- OR they are SO involved in that they have let other stuff slide.   

That was my expectation too, staying back with buying breedables and pets until we see something big happen. I would really hope to see KIttycats enter animesh, they managed to get cute pets with the limited posssibilities they had, imagine what they could do with animesh.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Charlotte Bartlett said:

Callie doesn't keep her profile up to date but she does respond to offline and is around - she donated to the Maxwell Graf funderaiser a few months back (I do remember it takes her a few days to respond though) . 

LOL .  Well for a gal who is inworld and usually doing something  {minus a couple hours in the eve for R and R) all day that doesn't give me great hope :D.

I have been gone from Opensim for eight months now and I am sure there are folks who say, "well her houses and things are still up for sale at Kitely and she posts to her Google Plus page now and then -- so she must still be in Opensim" :D

I am smiling here. 

I did the Cattery thing but so far not seeing any improvement. I rezzed a small cube where she is sitting (not 'home but where she came to greet me when I showed up') and will see if she rolls over and moves any. I guess since she IS OLD she probably needs to rest.  That being said she was almost always out and about (and sometimes lost to me) on the sim -- before the big hiccup.  

We will cope. She was a free kitty after all so I am not complaining -- just wondering if I could fix her up.  

Assuming you have turned on Sit/Lay and Walk/Run in the Animation menu, your cat should start to move  within 20 mins or less.  If you think something is wrong with your free Firestorm cat, just file a support ticket with the cat's ID#, and they will send you a fixed copy to replace it.  

Callie Cline is the owner and designer for KC, but not a customer support person.  She was in an auto accident a few months ago and on her doctor's orders, must remain in bed while she recovers from her injuries.  She can only sit at her computer a short time until she heals.  This has nothing to do with your possible broken kittycat script.  KC is alive and well.  There is an active 24/7 discussion group with CSR's usually online.  In your case, they would tell you to file a ticket as everyone else does if sending the cat to the cattery and back does not work. 

"The Christmas decorations are still out." 

Did you really check the sim?  Spring flowers and butterflies everywhere outside, with green grass and spring blooming trees, chirping birds and rabbits.  And a few Easter eggs still around.  Large Kittycat Easter eggs inside the building too, but Easter Sunday was just 4 days ago.   The small pile of snow with a Christmas bulbs outside the front entrance might just indicate the owner of the snow decorations, who is also the CSR manager, is busy handling customer issues.  If you file a ticket to Kitten, I bet she will remove the snow piles for you. :)

Edited by Shamu077
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2018 at 4:45 AM, Shamu077 said:

"The Christmas decorations are still out." 

Thanks for your response. I didn't get any from the support gals (didn't try everyone on the board since I had to look up the names in search and IM since the board isn't working -- at least not for me).

And yes, I visited the sim a few times and the snow and giant Christmas balls out front at the entrance was what I was referring too. The manage has been a very busy gal I guess since it is April now :D. 

Pearl is sort of fixed but not correct. I will live with her that way as turning her in isn't really an option for me. She can now sit and stays there OUTSIDE of her box (and yes walk and lay and all that are turned on but she only moves when I am there to come to) . She returns to the kitty retreval dock spot automatically but HOME is her box where she sleeps. That has never happened before but will work. So she is at least outside of her tent and that is good. I took her for a walk this morning and we both got some exercise. 

I really would have someone look into the support board since it is apparently broken.  IMs to three folk got me nothing. Would be good to have it working again. 

Wishing Callie a speedy recovery. 

image.thumb.png.03e3af256d9a9891e54b23f4ae751850.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
Information was incorrect - made photo smaller
  • Like 1

Hi there! 

Whenever I have an issue with any of my kitties, I just put in a ticket at their support site. You may need to create a login for it, but they do respond through this method. I lost 11 kitties (just POOF!) for unknown reasons due to inventory issues, and they returned them all to me just a few weeks back. Give that a try if you don't get a response any other way. It took about a day for them to get back to me. 

Good luck! 

https://kittycats.ws/support_login.html

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.