Billing Error.

NiroMit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

I'm trying to set up my PayPal account on my secondlife so I can take my lindens to cash out but when I do it it always gets me this error:

"To use your PayPal account with Second Life, it must be verified with a bank account. Click here for more information. There was a problem with your PayPal account. Please contact PayPal to resolve the issue, then try again."

I checked my PayPal multiple times and the bank account is verified.

3 answers to this question

That's strange.  When PayPal has you verify a funding source (either a bank account or a credit card), they do the standard trick of charging the funding source a small amount and then immediately refunding it, to test whether the account is capable of sending and receiving funds.  If you have done that successfully, then the PayPal account is verified. If it failed the test, you should check with PayPal or your bank to see what happened.  If you are outside of the U.S., PayPal may follow different procedures too, so check to be sure that you have followed their local instructions.  Linden Lab can only accept the PayPal account if PayPal verifies its funding source first.

1 hour ago, NiroMit said:

Hello,

I'm trying to set up my PayPal account on my secondlife so I can take my lindens to cash out but when I do it it always gets me this error:

"To use your PayPal account with Second Life, it must be verified with a bank account. Click here for more information. There was a problem with your PayPal account. Please contact PayPal to resolve the issue, then try again."

I checked my PayPal multiple times and the bank account is verified.

Perhaps you never used you payment method to buy?

If you never bought L$ before you'll have to do that first, and after that have to wait till your billling levels rise .. both for sell and buy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.