Separeted rooms in a house??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys! I'm Callie, nice to meet you.

I saw a very pretty place (a skybox) and it has this house, and inside it, have a few rooms. One of those, was "apart" of the rest of the house (if you entered inside it, the people you was seeing would vanish, as you would vanish for them. It's like you was in a different place, but in the same skybox, separeted by a "black veil").

I would love to know if anyone could help me with the name of this script, or anything like it.

Thank you all! I wish the best week for you guys <3

The best way to do that -- in fact, the only way that I can think, of -- is to make the skybox straddle the boundary between two parcels.  Set the proper option in About Land to make it so that people in each parcel cannot see or hear what goes on in the other one.  No script will be able to to that.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

The best way to do that -- in fact, the only way that I can think, of -- is to make the skybox straddle the boundary between two parcels.  Set the proper option in About Land to make it so that people in each parcel cannot see or hear what goes on in the other one.  No script will be able to to that.

You could always create a parcel within a parcel, if you are the landowner.  There used to be a LL video on doing that, but I can't find it right now.

• Like 1

On 02/04/2018 at 1:10 AM, Rolig Loon said:

Thank you Rolig! I'll try to learn a bit more of this.

I hope you have a great weekend <3

On 4/2/2018 at 2:10 PM, Rolig Loon said:

I use that method and I'm-a-gunna tell others how I do it.

• Make a set of 4 long and thin prims, put one exactly in each corner of the room.
  • Link the prims - this make a nice room sized reference.
  • Lift the house up 100 meters or so.
  • Go into parcel mode and look where the corner of a yellow block is.
  • Move the 4 guide prims into position. So the door would be aligned perfectly along the edge, and the overflow isn't too much into other rooms
  • Cut the parcel as close as possible to the 4 prims - a little over normally so make the overflow be on the outside of the house
  • Bring the house back down (edit and Ctrl-Z), and then align the hidden room into place so the four guide prims in their new position are in the corners again
  • Decorate

I find it's best to leave privacy turned off until you need to use the area, get people in and then turn it on (and ban lines if needed) the reason for not leaving privacy on all the time is your guests do get confused if you walk through a door and dissapear.

BUT!

With experience teleporters I now also have a special door with collision prim, walk through and I am experience teleported up into a skybox up in the sky. Fairly seamless as well.

I'm also a big fan of the teleporter door method. This not only reduces the rendering load caused by the number of avatars in the scene, but allows you to place entire rooms out of draw distance from each other to greatly increase your framerates. And with experiences, it's seamless. I not only use it in my home, but in every roleplay sim I've done build work for since Experiences were introduced.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.