My Avatar is Mist

LassWithClass

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

You have a simple case of bake fail.  It's what happens in those few seconds right after you log in and before the servers have fully downloaded your avatar appearance files to your  viewer.  If you have a funky Internet connection or things are just being slow, you can get stuck in that condition for longer.  If it doesn't clear by itself, follow the suggestions at http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_bake_fail  .  If this happens frequently, you should pay attention to your Internet connection.  Avoid wifi connections (use a direct cable or DSL connection).  Reboot your router and modem and restart everythiong.

Besides Rolig's suggestions, some other frequent causes of bake fail are:

• Logging in to a very crowded or lagged region.  Try flying up to an altitude above 1000m, things often are less laggy there.
  • A corrupted item you are wearing.  I once was stuck as a cloud one time when I created a brand new account and logged in for the very first time.  But, switching to a different avatar fixed the problem.  Do this with the Avatars button in your interface (symbol of two people on it), or go to Inventory/Library/Clothing/Initial Outfits and drag one of the folders there onto your avatar.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.