Is there anyway to read the decription of non linked prims

Shades Babad

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am working on a station that allows people to check in on sim. The reason for this is to created an easy way for people to see who is available to roleplay. I have the system working fine, aside from making sure that an avatar can not sign into 2 different check in stations. I currently am storing the information in the description field. It starts with the avatar uuid of the person that signed in. So what I need is a way to check the other check in stations nearby, they are all within 5 meters, and make sure the UUID is not already check in to another station. Hoping there is an easy way to do so, without having to have it tie into a database for this last portion.

Thank in advance

That seems to only be possible if you program each UUID of the prims into the code. Seeing as there will be over 30 of them, I was looking for a method that might just check the description of nearby items, not specific uuids. At that point the database method would be far more efficient.

As Ruthven Says, llGetObjectDetails will do what you want, though you need to know the uuids of the objects whose uuids you are reading (as you probably already know, these change each time an object is rezzed, so you need to read them somehow).

However, if I were making something like this, I think I would keep things simple by having dumb terminals that just used llRegionSay to announce, on a long negative channel, the uuid of anyone who touched them.   This would be heard by a single smart processor someone on the region, which actually held all the records of who was registered and who was available, and handled all messages and interactions with the avatar from then on in.

That seems to me a lot easier to script and maintain.

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.