Photography

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

Am interested in getting into photography in Second Life. I have watched some tutorials and trying to get to grips with what I have read. I was wondering if anyone has places they know of that sell quality poses. 

Also how do you go about getting a Flickr account for SL not that I am anywhere near putting my pics out there as yet.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I just went to one of the many shopping events that are always popping up in SL and saw a few animation stores selling model poses. I usually see animations being sold in quite a lot of the events. The SL marketplace and simply using the search in-world are other ways to find model poses. You can also create your own if you are inclined. Poses are fairly easy to make compared to moving animations. There may be times when you want a pose that no one has made before. 

• 4 weeks later...

You can never have enough tips for photography so here are some more/this is great tutorial which covers the basics

Photography for beginners

Flickr is under going a change of ownership atm so who knows what this will mean for our SL photo/art. But still a place to start and share your photos. Add me if you like. 

My tip: it costs $ to save photos to your inventory but not if you send them to your profile (sl feed) and you can send them free directly to flickr or facebook if you want. If you want to edit them before sharing or take a lot of shots in quick succession and save larger format then SAVE to DISC. Its also free.  (if you then want to share photo back in SL it will cost you the stranded upload fee but the photo is better quality). 

With FLICKR you can select to upload all photos privately and  change to 'public' at any time later. That gives you time to vet any info you want to add. 

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.