Allow merchant advertising on the forum please.

So Whimsy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Administrators

Let me discuss this idea with all the necessary parties and see what they decide. No promises though, this is just me, bringing the information to those who have a say in the decision.

That being said, if you are having a major sales event or some sort of event related to your store, you can also post in the classifieds that we offer in SL. In addition, I see that people have offered up some great alternatives that will likely see more traffic, than a sub-forum would.

• Thanks 6

• 2 weeks later...

Your suggestion might seem to make a lot of sense, but the reason why those other platforms succeed in this role, is primarily due to the size of their user-base (they have a large reach). Flickr, for example, is a popular medium because it is visual, free to join and they have an App. In comparison, the forums would be a less then efficient way of gaining exposure and I'd suspect that it would eventually just turn into a sea of threads, with many brands getting lost in the shuffle. In other words, the audience you should be advertising too is elsewhere, and based on the tools other platforms have, it would just become redundant and IMO not very impactful.

Edited by Chase01

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to add that they had (and still may)  merchant advertising sections in some of the Opensim platforms like Inworldz. This, in the day when Inworldz was actually popular and viable for retailers. I posted things on there regularly but didn't see that it had much effect in my sales. You need to remember that only a small percentage of the populous actually COMES to the forums. So I doubt it would help that much.

There are some very viable and free SL advertising sites that DO work. I am guessing I might mess up my pristine clean record if I posted a link here, so anyone that wants to know just chat me up somehow. I am NOT affiliated or even a designer member but they do very nice posts especially on gifts and such and they have a huge audience that reads avidly (I AM one of those too - LOL) . 

I am heading back to bed, but I JUST noticed that we have mini portrait icons that show up when we reply. I am guessing this is for folks that have several avatars on the forums?   I am sleepy, but wouldn't that be much like "talking to yourself"? 

Just threw that in. Yawn.    

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2018 at 1:03 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I like this idea, though I'd probably also want a limit on how many times a day a given Merchant can update their thread (only 1-2 times a day) -- so that it does not pop up on my Unread list every 30 minutes or something.

Make that a week.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.