Is no one else as lonely in SL as me? Looking for those that don't fit in anywhere

Nimue Galatea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Walelu Summerwind said:

Selene, I'm a misfit among misfits too.. and I'd be very happy to be your friend.. (((♥)))) Same goes for you too, Nimue (Lady of the Lake) I'm on for a while in the morning and then again around 7 pm Central time in America. Look me up if you want.. I have plenty of unused hugs ?

I'll do that when I can. My work schedule is all over the place so my times in world are as well. My time zone is SLT so I'd be logging in about the time you'd be logging out for the most part. Some nights I have to pick the other half up (we work at the same place) so that cuts my time in world even more. I do have Friday off this week though so maybe I can catch up to you then.

if you feel alone in SL , come to the sim where i go , we play games there , with weapons like

bow ,spear,sword,blowdart ,for  a starter we know how to get free weapons ,

everyone can learn to use the weapons ,it just needs practising ,

even after 5 years of using them ,i am still learning and still have fun ,

for me , i just shoot with someone  they call that sparring

or i join a game ,with 2 teams ,mostly we play the game with 10-15 people

and the more the better !!  so come too and make friends in mean while

we see often people are being quiet ,but they just join the games and having fun

and slowly we get to know eachother better ;-))) hope to see you !

ctf for frame.jpg

I've been in SL a long time and made some really great friends.  But so many girl friends have left, boyfriends and husbands gone, my sister is still here and we have been sisters for 12 years.  When she takes breaks I feel awful.  I have new friends, of course, new men in my life.  But even with all these people, so many come and go, sometimes I feel a huge kind of loneliness.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes, finding friends can be hard. But finding friends doesn't really depend on your interests, it rather depends if you're ready to initiate a  conversation with someone or propagate the conversation. There's something i would like to clear for you, most women feel that another person needs to start a conversation with them and they themselves just wait for this to happen.(General Opinion). There's nothing wrong if a lady initiates the conversation, and most people feel glad when this happens (in a positive way).

I would suggest that you do the following, these personal tips shall help you too.

1) Hang around regions where most people are active and not AFK; This ensures that you don't feel ignored.
2) Show good interest when someone texts you; This motivates them to keep talking to you.
3) Initiate conversations with random people; On SL you have nothing to lose, a bad conversation is forgotten easily. Move on, find a new person, start a new conversation.
4) Conversations are like a car starting, they buffer in the beginning and run smoothly later. Don't be lose hope in the initial parts of the conversation, things will be better later.  

1 hour ago, ArchangelMarcus said:

Yes, finding friends can be hard. But finding friends doesn't really depend on your interests, it rather depends if you're ready to initiate a  conversation with someone or propagate the conversation. There's something i would like to clear for you, most women feel that another person needs to start a conversation with them and they themselves just wait for this to happen.(General Opinion). There's nothing wrong if a lady initiates the conversation, and most people feel glad when this happens (in a positive way).

I would suggest that you do the following, these personal tips shall help you too.

1) Hang around regions where most people are active and not AFK; This ensures that you don't feel ignored.
2) Show good interest when someone texts you; This motivates them to keep talking to you.
3) Initiate conversations with random people; On SL you have nothing to lose, a bad conversation is forgotten easily. Move on, find a new person, start a new conversation.
4) Conversations are like a car starting, they buffer in the beginning and run smoothly later. Don't be lose hope in the initial parts of the conversation, things will be better later.  

Why are you necro-ing 2 yr old posts and just copy/pasting the same reply? You're making yourself look like a badly programmed bot.

• Thanks 1

I know this is a necro, but I really do agree with what @ArchangelMarcus says at the top of the post. It's all about conversation, not interests.

I have a lot of friends in SL, because I go to a lot of places and when I am there, I do not shut up. At all. And I do not mean that I am sending out IMs. I am there in local chat, responding to what other people are saying, and if no-one is saying anything, I start something. Only in local. Pretty soon you get a good chat going.

Step two is to go back to the same place time after time, and keep up the local chat. Be a regular, be known as a friendly and welcoming person, and then people will start inviting you to other places that they like, and you'll meet even more people.

You get a feel for if/when someone's comfortable enough to accept a friends request. If they are regularly responding to you in local, or if they are initiating IMs with you. But IMO being on someone's friends list isn't necessary, you can still be friends without that. 

The best places to go are smaller clubs or discussion groups. Big busy clubs like Muddys or Junkyard Blues have a transient population  you probably would never see the same people there each time. But smaller clubs tend to attract the same people so its easier to get to know them, and them to get to know you.

3 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

, because I go to a lot of places and when I am there, I do not shut up. At all. And I do not mean that I am sending out IMs. I am there in local chat, responding to what other people are saying, and if no-one is saying anything, I start something. Only in local. Pretty soon you get a good chat going.

Step two is to go back to the same place time after time, and keep up the local chat. Be a regular, be known as a friendly and welcoming person, and then people will start inviting you to other places that they like, and you'll meet even more people.

You get a feel for if/when someone's comfortable enough to accept a friends request. If they are regularly responding to you in local, or if they are initiating IMs with you. But IMO being on someone's friends list isn't necessary, you can still be friends without that. 

That is what I do and the result is a bit more let say, different. 

21 hours ago, MelodicRain said:

Why are you necro-ing 2 yr old posts and just copy/pasting the same reply? You're making yourself look like a badly programmed bot.

Irrespective of my answer, people two years ago and people now have the same problems...........And same problems have the same solutions.

Apart from that, your comment is not relevant to this forum. I'd appreciate if you could submit your "tips" personally to me.

Edited by ArchangelMarcus
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ArchangelMarcus said:

Irrespective of my answer, people two years ago and people now have the same problems...........And same problems have the same solutions.

Apart from that, your comment is not relevant to this forum. I'd appreciate if you could submit your "tips" personally to me.

Necroposting + copy/pasting the same response to 3-4 different threads is less relevant to any forum, not just this one. Perhaps you're new at this. If the topic is still relevant then create another thread? I really don't think the OP, or anyone else in this thread, is still looking for an answer in a 2-year old thread.

Edited by MelodicRain

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2020 at 10:05 AM, ArchangelMarcus said:

..........And same problems have the same solutions.

Which aren't solutions to actual introverts.

Just go make friends! 

Just start talking to random people for no reason at all and don't stop till you're convinced it's a meaningful friendship!

Just be someone else!

Easy! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.