Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

But here is subforum "Wanted".  Someone ask to find something in marketplace. Do all the answers are advertisements? 

No. I advise you to just look at a couple topics and their answers.

Edited by Syn Anatine
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

English is not my first language.

English is not my first language either.

Go to the Wanted forum, check threads people made, look at replies.

They're not full of advertisements by merchants offering their wares.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Syn Anatine said:

English is not my first language either.

Go to the Wanted forum, check threads people made, look at replies.

They're not full of advertisements by merchants offering their wares.

Yes they are. I just find one link to marketplace product.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Yes they are. I just find one link to marketplace product.

Then it is likely someone requested help to find something and someone showed them a marketplace product NOT advertising products.

If you advertise your own products, your post will be reported and removed and even sometimes earn you a ban.

read the community guidelines I linked above

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Then it is likely someone requested help to find something and someone showed them a marketplace product NOT advertising products.

If you advertise your own products, your post will be reported and removed and even sometimes earn you a ban.

read the community guidelines I linked above

Exactly this I wanted to know - so, I can put marketplace links but not my own ones, right?

Edited by Ernesto Perez
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

If someone ask for help, then can I put link to only others sellers products or also to my own?

 

3 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

To be safe I would say don't advertise your own things

 

What you could probably do, is device an MP search that results in your products and others - and then provide that Search link

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think simply saying "You're looking for this thing? I actually made one, feel free to look me up on the MP." Would warrant the post getting deleted. You're not directly linking to your product or MP store but giving the OP the choice of looking it up themselves if they feel so inclined.

Can anyone verify this theory?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

I don't think simply saying "You're looking for this thing? I actually made one, feel free to look me up on the MP." Would warrant the post getting deleted. You're not directly linking to your product or MP store but giving the OP the choice of looking it up themselves if they feel so inclined.

Can anyone verify this theory?

You are possibly correct on this - makes logical sense - but I'd guess it depends on if anyone wants to report the post and which Mod actually looks at it.  The creator could also just send a quick PM, thus eliminating any questions about behavior/motive.

Link to post
Share on other sites

From http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Community_Participation_Guidelines

  • Spamming, Solicitation and Advertising: Spamming is not allowed. This includes aggressive self-promotion. No advertising or promotion of specific Second Life merchants, Marketplace listings, products, or services, unless the forum area is specifically for the buying or selling of Second Life products or services, for example, a “for sale” or “wanted” forum. Do not reference other websites offering any product or service.
Note: It is OK to have a signature line with a link to your Second Life profile or information about your Second Life business.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings!

Advertising your products, service, locations, etc. is not appropriate on the forums. 

IF someone posts in the Wanted section that they are looking for a specific item and you make that item, then yes, you may post a direct link to the item (SLurl or MKT Listing URL).  It is not considered an advertisement if you are replying with a link to the item that the user is looking for.

Please do not post links to your main store, or create new posts/threads advertising your products or store. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...