Linden World question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

While perusing the forums tonight, I saw an antiquated discussion inquiring about the oldest and still active member in SL (key being: still active). An interesting read, it was/is. Someone mentioned Linden World. That got me thinking.

Back in 2002 (approximate date), I was surfing the internets and stumbled upon a site that offered free housing in a 3-D world. Not being a 3-D geek then (I have gained some geekness since), I stumbled in and signed up (free admission. I like that price). I vaguely remember what the house looked like but I recall being able to set some prefab furniture up and some wall pictures. I ran with it for a few nights and then just walked away, not really grasping the point of the site. In 2007, I was on my dinner break from work, driving back my food order from Taco Bell (a #3...yums) and the car radio was tuned into a local news talker shop, talking about this internet site called Second Life. That piqued my curiosity. They were amazed at the idea of not having but a few hundred dollars in a RL bank, but have the ability to have 1ML$. So I get off work, go home and signed up. I'm still here BTW.

Every once in a while, I would think of those few nights at this forgotten site that I initially signed up to, but could not remember the name if you held a gun to my cats head. Perhaps I have found it with the simple mention of Linden World.

Okay, a long way to go for a simple question. Would ANYONE have a pic or a screen grab from the early 2000-2002 days of SL to satisfy my wonderment at this place I walked away from? Maybe an archivist at SL would have something? If SL doesn't have an archivist, I will do it for L$, I'm open to wages and bennies. Needless to say (but will anyway), the early models would be very crude as opposed to what is available today. Was probably a reason to have a party when Windows expanded their color pallet.

The question stands for an early pic from 2002 of Linden World (Second Life). I'm sure others would like to see what it was then against what it appears to be now.

Edited by Jerilynn Lemon

SOB!, I think that's it.

I walked away from Linden World in its infancy. Looking at the textures and the avi's shapes and stances gives it away.

Fortunately, I don't have any stories about some up and coming company called Apple. Pfft.

Thanks Ziggy.

12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Complete with jerky AO?

I have that Primitar in my inventory. I've once tried it but I don't remember did it have any animations in it.
There is a notecard dated 2006-04-15 in the package which reads:

- - - - -
--Future Adjustments--
The design, while good, is far from perfect. As such, I will be updating the version contained in the vendor on a regular basis. The first major update will be the inclusion of the prim gun. ;)

--Assisted Update--
If you happen to make some improvements to the attach quality, or just misc. other ones, please IM me and I might be inclined to include your changes in the next version. You will of course be credited for you work. ;)

--Everything Else--
Just click on the HUD buttons, and it'll give you the rest. Hope you enjoy your primitar. ;)
- - - - -

Note especially that wording: "The design,  :ph34r:while good xD, is far from perfect."

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.