How many itens do you have in your inventory?

Cesartje

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Blush's inventory hovers between 80 and 100k. At 100 I start deleting until I get back down to 80K. I do some boxing of stuff with her inventory. The bulk of Blush's inventory is business related and can't be deleted.

Debi stays at 20k or below. I don't box anything in her inventory. But I am merciless when deleting older items. I'm to the point that I've started deleting the older fitmesh items I don't wear. All system clothing and standard size mesh was deleted ages ago. 

Edited by Blush Bravin

Just a shade over 36.5K items currently.  I regularly get rid of things that are no longer useful.  I keep product boxes but delete the unpacked items that I know I will not use.  This is most effective for clothing and I can get rid of items for other body types, box animations, box scripts, LMs and notecards.  Assets for older projects I work on are either archived in boxes, or have their master copies on my PC and are deleted except for the finished items.
My inventory mostly stays between 35-38K.

I'm with Klytyna and Claireschen.  My inventory has hovered in the mid-30k range for the past few years.  I think it's actually been about that size since around 2009, but I don't remember. It's now time for a cleaning, since it has crept up to about 38k again.  I rarely buy anything, but I create a boatload of working models and WIP scripts.  If I don't go back and get rid of all those test objects and early versions of scripts, they accumulate like dust bunnies under the bed.

My inventory right now is a little over 17,000. I try to purge at least once a month and it's about due for one. My aim is to get it to 10,000 but I seriously doubt that will happen. I am addicted to hair, shoes, clothes, jewelry....well you get the idea. LOL

My inventory is currently at 64.858.

I always keep my folder for avatar stuff under control with regular clean, but never gave any attention to my Building and Home/Garden folders.

Now that I'm moving in to a new place, I'm finally deleting old things from those folders. I reduced my inventory in about 2.000 items yesterday. Hope to get it to 60.000 when I finish.

36,000 and growing :o. It's getting bad. I'm so hooked on collecting freebies, which I unpack fairly promptly, try them on, and move the good ones over to my Testing subfolders for further testing, where they often sit forever. As time goes on I have got a lot fussier about what I accept, but now I must go on a purging campaign to keep only the best and cut that count by at least half.

Erm, well the good news is that my inventory is meticulously ordered with folders and sub folders and sub sub folders.....................?

But, um, the "New for sorting" folder is *coughs* quite full. The very new stuff sits visible on the list so I know I haven't allocated it to an outfit................

And then everything else really needs a clear-out, which I plan to do soon, and see if there are any forgotten outfits buried in there. I don't know my numbers until I go back in world........

The thing is, I'd rather be out there in-world than hunched over the closet doing what's essentially housekeeping. Nobody told me it would be like this.......hehe.  The very reason which reeled me in is an ongoing battle against addiction, obsession and momentary gratification..............

I resolve to try harder not to maintain my "monkey see, monkey want" buying ethos.................I resolve to go to the store for a specific item and only buy that item.

What are the chances of this happening? ................ *deep intake of breath* .......................realistically???? ............................. zero.?

I have the very best of intentions at all times, but the worm just eats away at me. My Alt, meant to be kept simple now has a mesh body in her closet waiting my attention.........

How did that happen????????????????? 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.