Using Map in Marketplace

Sigg Naidoo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

Whenever I choose to visit a store using the "See Item in Second Life" link provided when looking at a object in Marketplace, the link opens a dialog box with two options, )1 Visit Store Using Alchemy.   Or 2) a cancel button.   I used to be able to just go there, something has  fu**d up, anyone know how to fix it so I can just go to the store with whichever browser I am using which is Firestorm these days.???

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 10.47.53 AM.png

1 answer to this question

I'm guessing that you installed a new viewer (alchemy) and it wants to take control of SLURLS.  There is a way to reset this in Windows, but I don't remember how off the top of my head.

Firestorm has an app called SLURL Proxy that you can download and install to specify what app any SLURLs should go to.  I find the app easier to deal with since I have multiple viewers installed.  You can find out about the app and download it from here:  http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/slurl_proxy

After you install the app, start it and just drag the Firestorm link into the app.

One more note - If you install or re-install another viewer other than the one you you told SLURL Proxy to use, you might have to open SLURL Proxy and re-specify your default viewer to use.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.