Juliviere

Looking to get into GOR

Hi, I hope this is in the right spot. I'm interested in getting into GOR with my girlfriend, we know the basics of what the world is about, and I've read up on some basic stuff about castes, Free women, and some other junk. 

1. Does anyone have any advice in regards to getting into GOR? I'm a pretty good roleplayer, as is she. 
2. I find there's a ton of sims, and apparently I've been told there can be some big differences between each GOR sim. What should I expect?
3. Is the free woman clothing thing a definite across all sims? It's not a big deal to me, some of it is interesting. I was just curious.

Lastly I'm pretty much of the understanding that being a Free Woman character needs some definite experience, since I lack that... and I seriously want to play one! I'm asking this- Is there anyone that's willing to take my questions or offer a sort of mini mentor role when I need to ask questions? I would really prefer someone who speaks English as well as a native, or almost as well. 
Thanks!

Also I'm fairly aware that sometimes people have some slight controversies over these, GOR is not something I'm entirely needing or setting my mind on. If I don't think its right for what I want to RP I won't! It's just better for me to take a shot with something first before turning it down. Thanks.

I was in the GOR scene for years, I will try my best to help.

1. Don't. Lesbian couples are fairly universally frowned upon in GOR.  Especially freewomen. 

2. Most of those sims are fairly empty of RP. You will usually find a on of slave girls just sitting around waiting to serve a male some paga. 

3. Yes. freewomen wear full dresses and cover their faces usually. 

I would read a few of the books to give you some insight into how to act. Just like any RP based on a book series you need SOME background info. I am an avid tabletop D&D gamer, if i had never read or seen the Harry Potter books or movies i would go into that RP with a completely different view of magic. 

I left GOR RP out of boredom. There is only so much paga one can drink. Only so many chores one can watch a slave girl do. The sheer number of them that refused to have adult RP, in a Master/slave RP no less, was astounding. Not that i was only there for that, i wanted actual RP. But sadly it was 99% sit in the tavern and watch someone dance while a half naked woman serves you coffee.. Wewt, such fun. 0_____0 

Give it a try if you like, just dont get your hopes too high. Hell you might even get lucky and find one of the few active sims. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Super important: Whatever you do, DO NOT READ ANY OF THE BOOKS.

Because GOR in SL doesn't even come close and if you even try to be "book-authentic" the drama sh*tpile will land on your head.

If you want to try having fun with *some* aspects of GOR, but keep it in your mind that it is FAKE-GOR and not really GOR then you might have a lot of fun. Maybe. Until the drama about meta-gaming and godmodding come into play. LOL

• Haha 4

There is "real Gor"? Seriously though, just jump in a give a try, Tharna is less phallocentric than a lot of other sims, don't be afraid to ask for help/advice. 

5 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Because GOR in SL doesn't even come close and if you even try to be "book-authentic" the drama sh*tpile will land on your head.

And silly me thought that happens with whatever Gor you try =^.^=

• Haha 5

Hmm... from what I'm reading it sounds kind of boring. Perhaps it's not right for me. Maybe something else. 

Thanks guys!

• Like 5

I've been considering going into it, too, because I am desperate for some RP but as I am only few days old I have to wait. But what kind of RP are you looking for? I am in three different Sims and they're all interesting so far, just not as active as I hoped.

17 hours ago, Drucilla Zeplin said:

GOR is boring. Sit around and do nothing all day. Meh.

Depends what kind you do. For example, By the book Gor (BTB) theres not much to do but sit around and roleplay. It's mostly because of those roleplayers cant fight.

Whereas Gor Evolve (GE) there's very little roleplay. Mostly Goreans in (GE) just refer to themselves as "Raiders" raiding each others sims all day with very little roleplay involved. Women and slaves can also fight in Gor evolve as well.

Edit: Now OP, if you're looking to get into BTB gor. I'd visit this landmark. 

The gor Hub - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Marina Bay/224/208/3905

IF looking to get in Gor Evolve. Free weapons & groups down below.

If you're new to ZCS you may pick up FREE weapons at - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/GTS DESIGN/109/162/1452

Free ZCS meter - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Corruption/194/155/3003

Groups to practice combat? Join ((Post links in Nearby Chat to recieve link.))

Victorious Raiders  - secondlife:///app/group/e9038462-e00b-051f-cffa-a70bd8a67a85/about

Gorean Raid messenger - secondlife:///app/group/7668c3b5-8b0a-5e90-7505-052e120e0523/about

".::NO DRAMA in Gorean::." - secondlife:///app/group/ce8d1a6a-869a-43c2-9053-c1e7f26fcf4f/about

Edited by Haselden

Is GoR Evolved restricted to humans only? I have elf ears. though I do not need specifically be a elf, I can easily be a human who has had her ears shaped.

2 hours ago, Drucilla Zeplin said:

Is GoR Evolved restricted to humans only? I have elf ears. though I do not need specifically be a elf, I can easily be a human who has had her ears shaped.

Alot of GE sims DO NOT look at the ears, so you could probably get away with being an elf. However, if you're trying to get away with being a Neko, or some type of furrie would try looking for a Kurri/kur sim.

However, my best suggestion for all of that would new panther sim San'tor or the GE sim Hydra.

San'tor - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Isle of Oasis/203/203/25

Hydra - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Corruption/128/128/2

Edited by Haselden

Hey, don't forget about your space mantis overlords...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, Haselden said:

Alot of GE sims DO NOT look at the ears, so you could probably get away with being an elf. However, if you're trying to get away with being a Neko, or some type of furrie would try looking for a Kurri/kur sim.

However, my best suggestion for all of that would new panther sim San'tor or the GE sim Hydra.

San'tor - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Isle of Oasis/203/203/25

Hydra - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Corruption/128/128/2

Thank you for the suggestions. Those seem to be combat sims and nothing more.

19 minutes ago, Drucilla Zeplin said:

Thank you for the suggestions. Those seem to be combat sims and nothing more.

Thats what GE is.. nothing more than "I can stab you with my phallic weapon faster than you can" Sims.. You want RP, you need to dig really deep, and lose the elf ears.

Busy RP GOR sims have gone the way of popular busy clubs. RP takes work and most of the new batch of Steam MMORPG MMO Shooter game kids dont want to put that effort into it. They keep whining about how poorly this "game" works when they really need to realize its isnt a game at all. Its facebook adult with avatars. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Thats what GE is.. nothing more than "I can stab you with my phallic weapon faster than you can" Sims.. You want RP, you need to dig really deep, and lose the elf ears.

Busy RP GOR sims have gone the way of popular busy clubs. RP takes work and most of the new batch of Steam MMORPG MMO Shooter game kids dont want to put that effort into it. They keep whining about how poorly this "game" works when they really need to realize its isnt a game at all. Its facebook adult with avatars. 

Pretty much this lol. Although, you gotta use legal weapons though from certain makers in GE. This is also why people wouldn't care about you wearing elf ears in GE.  ((Because they are all just wearing Medevil Clothes anyway.))

However, if you want elf ears, and nothing but roleplay. That is a very tough sell in by the book, - (BTB) because as I recall girls cant even wear High Heels there. BTB is very strict when it comes to dress code.

Although.... You could perhaps be looking for an RP that is becoming very similar to Gor which is Game of Thrones. I personally never checked out the sims, but Iknow its a thing.

40 minutes ago, Haselden said:

((Because they are all just wearing Medevil Clothes anyway.))

because only the real Gor is full evil, you know :D

Edited by Fionalein

6 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

because only the real Gor is full evil, you know :D

To be honest... I'm surprised they don't have any earth sims interacting with Gor.. Like Earth was in the books. However, there are no earthlings that interacted with goreans besides Tarl Cabot.

5 minutes ago, Haselden said:

However, there are no earthlings that interacted with goreans besides Tarl Cabot.

... And who is Jason Marshall?... I gleaned that info from Wikipedia alone... please log off- read the books - then come back ...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Haselden said:

To be honest... I'm surprised they don't have any earth sims interacting with Gor.. Like Earth was in the books. However, there are no earthlings that interacted with goreans besides Tarl Cabot.

Aside from Jason, and the dozens of women slaves direct from earth.. yeah, none but Tarl.. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 1:57 PM, Haselden said:

Pretty much this lol. Although, you gotta use legal weapons though from certain makers in GE. This is also why people wouldn't care about you wearing elf ears in GE.  ((Because they are all just wearing Medevil Clothes anyway.))

However, if you want elf ears, and nothing but roleplay. That is a very tough sell in by the book, - (BTB) because as I recall girls cant even wear High Heels there. BTB is very strict when it comes to dress code.

Although.... You could perhaps be looking for an RP that is becoming very similar to Gor which is Game of Thrones. I personally never checked out the sims, but Iknow its a thing.

The Game of Thrones RP sims are human only as well

Don't bother with  GoR

R.I.P GoR 2007. Hipsters killed GoR.

Nothing put youngsters, pervs, and hipsters now.

The men aren't even men there.. nothing but a man-child dressed in Skyrim clothing.

24 minutes ago, Minx Kurosawa said:

The men aren't even men there.. nothing but a man-child dressed in Skyrim clothing.

Did you read the Novels? That's what it's all about... just look at the covers if you don't like to read.

• Haha 2

On 6/5/2018 at 5:51 PM, Fionalein said:

Did you read the Novels? That's what it's all about... just look at the covers if you don't like to read.

You know good and well no one in GoR GE or BTB nowadays picks up any of John Norman's books and reads them. All the older Goreans have. Stop foolery already. Nothing but hipsters there. NOT hippies. Hipsters...man-buns  and beards from the 18 and 1900's and skyrim game props ripped from the game. Let's be real here. And 18 years olds who think they are jarls, yet still wet behind the ears.

Edited by Minx Kurosawa