Best shopping districts?

AdamZadig

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2213 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

28 minutes ago, AdamZadig said:

Any suggestions?

Most are gone by now, I fear. I know one good one, but that is a sim cluster targeted to girls, so not much use to you...

I guess you should ask a forum mod to move the post over to "commerce" > "wanted"... you might be more lucky over there.

Also try out events. Look at 3rd party information aggregators to find them (not sure if I am allowed to post names in here, and also at shops you visit, many have ads for upcoming events)

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

I think these days it's all about the event sims you get something new from the same exhibitors every round usually monthly and you get a few gust slots most events mainly cater to fashion and avatar components with some buildings and home stuff thrown in. there is one event i know of that just does buildings and home & garden stuff

4 hours ago, AdamZadig said:

Places like Le.Look and Crush Row (10yrs ago!) were amazing for finding loads of good designers in one place, but where are these type of shopping sims now? Lots of designers in one place?

Any suggestions?

Since it is pretty much all Events these days, you can check out the events and the designers at the events via this website:  http://seraphimsl.com/

That will give you an idea of which events you might be interested in personally visiting.

• Like 1

I used to have a great time going to shopping centers as a form of exploration. Sometimes you'd find that hidden gem, a new brand, or maybe meet a new friend. Sure there were plenty of days you'd come up empty, but it was an experience. Going to events today is anything but a social activity for me. It's get in, get out, cya next month (rinse and repeat). Over the last few years, I have moved away from gacha for the most part, and lately I have little desire to get out to most events.

• Like 3

I never did get into a Gatcha phase - thank goodness.  Shopping centers were nice for finding little niche stores here and there.  I hate most events.  I skim the stores that will be there and often only get interested if there is someone new. Truth be told, many of the events these days I only visit if there are gifts to be had. 

One of the things that I liked so much about the Finders Keepers hunt recently was that there were a lot of stores that are not part of the 'almost every hunt' scene and quite a few of those were new to me.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

The closest idea of areas which I'd count as shopping districts would be the surrounding of Shiny Shabby ... which is actually a shopping event, but the outer lines of stores are regular satellite stores ... and probably the "The Men's Department" sim and the "Men Only Monthly" one.

But in general, yeah... it's mostly events instead of a district feeling.

18 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

One of the things that I liked so much about the Finders Keepers hunt recently was that there were a lot of stores that are not part of the 'almost every hunt' scene and quite a few of those were new to me.

It was a great hunt and I have a post coming up on it this weekend. The folks in that hunt are part of an EVENT GROUP  LOL.  I know as I am in one of the groups in the cluster :D.  So you just aren't going to the "right" events!   (had to smile at that). 

And yes, there are shopping districts around quite a few venues. Cosmopolitan has been there for ever.  Most don't have that "glam" factor of long ago. But maybe that was because most of us where new then and things were more exciting BECAUSE we were new :D. 

I totally forgot about the stores around Cosmopolitan.  And yeah, there are some other events with stores around them.  Probably a good idea to use the Seraphimsl link above to pop around to the various event locations just to note which ones also have large shopping areas.

Also, there is the sim where Entice is - totally cannot think of the sim name right now - but it is pretty much just stores with a big park/something in the middle.  In thinking about it, I know there are a few others like that, that are not event places, but just sims with usually a large anchor store and then other stores (more like an outdoor mall - not all attached stores).

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

various event locations just to note which ones also have large shopping areas.

I noticed that since we got that  LI increase last year, lots of events have now used that extra to have a permanent shopping area around their events.   

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2213 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.