land tier fee changes?

Ernesto Perez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, when I buy bigger land and then make it smaller and sell other part, then as I know land tier automatically jumps higher. Now when I sell some parts from my land and let itself smaller size, then as I know, I must manually lower tier in account settings (if land becomes enough small to fit lower tier payment). My question is - how much money Linden get from this higher tier period, as it was fewer than one months, example only one week was tier setting higher.

The highest tier level you hit that month will be what Linden Lab charges you for. Does not matter if you get rid of the land before the billing cycle is up. Nothing is prorated. 

For example, if you bought a full mainland region (65,536 sqm = 175.00/ month) and then go down to 1/4 region (16,384 sqm = 67.00/ month) before Linden Lab charges you, you will be charged the 175.00 for the full mainland region that you owned during the billing cycle. 

Edited by Lisa006 Baxton
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Hi, when I buy bigger land and then make it smaller and sell other part, then as I know land tier automatically jumps higher. Now when I sell some parts from my land and let itself smaller size, then as I know, I must manually lower tier in account settings (if land becomes enough small to fit lower tier payment). My question is - how much money Linden get from this higher tier period, as it was fewer than one months, example only one week was tier setting higher.

Also, you do not actually HAVE TO manually lower that radio button on the Land Use page.  What that button controls is how much land do you want to be able to acquire before the system warns you that your tier will go up.  In other words, if you are currently being billed for 4089, but have the button set to 8192, you would not actually get any tier increase warnings until something would cause it to go above 8192.  It is a GOOD IDEA to lower it just so you always get a warning if your charges will go up, but it does not impact the actual billing in any way.

To determine your exact billing date so that you know when a lower amount will kick in after you've sold land, look at the bottom section of your Account Summary.  That page will always show you the upcoming amount to be billed and on what date the billing cycle ends.

2 hours ago, LamyaeNeferati said:

Si, if i understand good, whenever i select full sim owning allowance, i will only be charged on maximal effective owning during the period?

Si, that is correct.

For example, if you only own 16,384 sqm during the period you will only be charged 67.00. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.