push effect in ball

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi, 

I'm trying to make a push effect for a skill, but for some reason, the ball I use for this effect, acts as if it were in immaterial mode. 

https://gyazo.com/6c8b0226df30f48638896d691fdf44b2 

I would like it to work this way ... although watching the video, I do not know if it is the ball that pushes the enemy. 

https://gyazo.com/c1f88a777d9eee7a6c12f35ee7210980 

I use the second video to show  the example effect (it's not my effect) 

in the ball i have 2 scripts 

frist : 

vector startingSize;
integer tog;
{
    state_entry()
    {  startingSize = llGetScale();
    }
    touch_start(integer total_number)
    {
        if( tog = !tog )
        {  llSetTimerEvent(0.02);
        }
        else
        {  llSetTimerEvent(0.0);
           llSetScale(  startingSize );
        }       
    }
    timer() 
    {  llSetScale(  llGetScale() + <2.100, 2.100, 2.100> ); 
    }
}

and 

{
    collision_start(integer num_detected)
    {
        llPushObject(llDetectedKey(0),<100,100,100>, <100,100,100>, TRUE);
    }
}

the ball Should not push me? 

7 hours ago, HzFox said:

the ball Should not push me? 

Well, maybe.  The first vector in your llPushObject call should be a vector pointing away from the ball, in the direction of you.  So, it should be something like

(llDetectedPos() - llGetPos()) * some_proportionality_factor  , where you can experiment to see how big to make the proportionality factor.  You might want to include your own mass (or the ball's mass) as part of that factor.

The second parameter is the angular velocity that you want to put on the pushed object (you).  That should probably be ZERO_VECTOR.  If you use that approach in the llPushObject call, you will at least be on the right track.  There's one big problem, though:  friction.  If your avatar's feet are on the ground,  it will be hard to push you, especially if the ball is above waist level. For that reason, you may want to add a little extra vertical force to your linear impulse vector, so that you are pushed UP, off the ground.

If the ball is moving, this all gets to be more complicated, because you may need to take the ball's own velocity into account

• Like 2

I'm going to try what you say!

but, when it is often complicated, I usually change the project to something simpler ...

I will remain with the intrigue of how the creator of this script, has managed to do this: 

https://gyazo.com/c1f88a777d9eee7a6c12f35ee7210980  

if someone knows how to copy that effect! -
always push, if you are flying, if you are on the ground, always push everyone

is an "immaterial" ball that dies after 3 seconds 

unfortunately I will have to change the project because of the difficulty of the script, I made it more basic ... even if someone knows about that other effect! it would be great

It's hard to tell what that image shows.  It looks as if the person is wearing an attachment of some kind.  I don't know what you mean by the word "immaterial", but if that really is an attachment,  it will not collide with anyone.  I suspect that the red sphere is a visual distraction and that the "push" is unrelated to it. 

You should also know that llPush will only work in areas where pushing is allowed (not many of those except in RP regions), or when the script is pushing its owner.  Otherwise, a device like the one you are describing could be used as a griefer tool.  It could get you in a lot of trouble.

I made a "bumper attachment" that blasted people away on collision, but I'm not saying how I made it work. It was for a combat system that nobody showed any interest in, so yeah...

Like Rolig, I wouldn't advise making anything like that and wearing it out and about, because if a region does have Push enabled, and it works all great and everything, if you're not in a combat sim or similar place, it could seriously lose you a Second Life account.

Some people think it's all fun and would laugh it off, but others really don't like having their avatars thrown around like that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.