Physics layers slowly stops working

Yummsie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It seems like the longer I stay logged in, the less my avatar's breasts are affected by my physics later. It's like it degrades into being static again until I re-log. Anyone know what's happening here or if there's a way to fix this without re-logging? It's very pesky. :(

Only you see this.

I'll presume you're using Firestorm, which has some kind of memory leak and things slow-down and eventually just stop working over time until you have to relog. That's my theory, anyway (that's it's a memory leak, it really does slow to a crawl over time).

3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Only you see this.

I'll presume you're using Firestorm, which has some kind of memory leak and things slow-down and eventually just stop working over time until you have to relog. That's my theory, anyway (that's it's a memory leak, it really does slow to a crawl over time).

Thanks Alyona! Although I don't use Firestorm I'm still using a third party viewer so you're probably correct. :D As long as it's just on my end I suppose I feel a bit less self-conscious about it lol. A shame about the memory leaks.

3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Only you see this.

Firestorm 64 bit version seems to handle memory well. I've been watching it what it does when being in very crowded place for long time and then going away to some quiet region.

Once I was doing that I noticed that Firestorm was using a bit over 4 GB of memory. After teleporting away to quiet place the memory usage started to drop and it went well under 2 GB. So it does release the memory well what it does not need anymore.

Earlier when we had only the 32 bit version the memory usage went up and up gradually and never went down. The end result was that the viewer crashed due to out of memory.
I don't know if that still happens with 32 bit version as I'm always using the 64bit version now.

9 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Firestorm 64 bit version seems to handle memory well.

Good insight! I'm using the 64-bit version of Black Dragon. I can attest to it working similarly to what you described. I only seem to have memory issues when in very crowded places, while also running other high-memory programs. When I let everything "cool down", the memory usage drops. I suppose this can still somehow take a toll on the physics layer...? No idea.

13 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Firestorm 64 bit version seems to handle memory well. I've been watching it what it does when being in very crowded place for long time and then going away to some quiet region.

Once I was doing that I noticed that Firestorm was using a bit over 4 GB of memory. After teleporting away to quiet place the memory usage started to drop and it went well under 2 GB. So it does release the memory well what it does not need anymore.

Earlier when we had only the 32 bit version the memory usage went up and up gradually and never went down. The end result was that the viewer crashed due to out of memory.
I don't know if that still happens with 32 bit version as I'm always using the 64bit version now.

Thanks! This is good to know. Perhaps it happens when staying in the same sim / location for too long. Things that make you go hmm.

13 hours ago, Yummsie said:

Thanks Alyona! Although I don't use Firestorm I'm still using a third party viewer so you're probably correct. :D As long as it's just on my end I suppose I feel a bit less self-conscious about it lol. A shame about the memory leaks.

Well - I *do* know that what you see is only what &you& see, others often may not see it. Though Whirly Fizzle seems to have found the real answer!

9 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

It sounds like you may be seeing this bug: BUG-202903 - Physics Stuck / Frozen Deforming Avy Until Relog

oooOOOooo Thanks for this! Spaghetti code is just so spaghetti!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.