Group tag showing when turnd off.

VictorBergman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi

I joined a group but I don't wear any group tags on my avatar. I turned off group titles in preferances and I can't see the tag. The problem is that other people can still see it! What's going on? Why is there a group tag still showing on my avatar and how do I get rid of it? I want to be in the group but my avatar is for me, not someones bill board.

7 answers to this question

Unless this is a bug, I suspect the answer will be that “turn off group titles” only works for YOU. Why would it work this way? I suspect so that you could take pictures with your name showing (if you turn that on) but without group tags showing. 

I have some more guesses, but I’m sure someone else will give you a better answer.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
First!!1!
  • Like 1

Turning off group tags in your preferences only stops you seeing group tags. If you activate the "none" group in your contacts page, your group tag will not be shown to anybody. You might also want to untick "show in my profile" in the group profile, so that nobody (except members of the same group) will know you are in the group unless you have it activated.

Edited by angeoco
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.