3 griefs so far 2 were offline

pennytrated

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been in second life for almost 8 years and until this last year never had a problem.  I met someone who was jealous of someone I was seeing and a threatened me.  3 days later my sim ( is a children's zoo) some how they got in my group tag but never joined.  They changed so many settings that it killed my scripts and we couldn't get it fixed.

About 2 weeks ago  I logged in and my new sim for the zoo the land was all messed  up. I was off line so there was nobody to take pictures  of.

Today they hit again.  Not only damaging the land but killing animals.  I was only gone 20 min and left my avatar  online.  Taking pictures does nothing.  And I cant pin point who is doing it.  Is there any device that stop them.  They are going  below 0 seawater and 5km high.  

Is there something I can install to protect it.  I have over 50 animals, and not able to move.

Please help

3 answers to this question

Changed settings?  Killed your animals?

You're not being very informative here.  That sort of thing should be easy to prevent, or flat out impossible (I have no idea how anyone could "kill an animal" in SL.)

Some things you can do to protect yourself:

Group settings.

• If your land is group owned, close the group to new members.  Require an invitation before they can join.
  • Do not have anyone except yourself in the group owner role.  Once a person is a group Owner, they cannot be removed.
  • Limit the powers of other group members in the Roles and Abilities tab of the group window.

Land settings.

• Set the land to only allow group members to have access
  • Turn off terraforming for EVERYONE.  You should be the only one with terraforming permission.
  • Turn off flying
  • Limit teleports to a designated arrival point.  This and the previous setting will make it harder for any invaders to move around quickly, making it easier to catch them.
  • Turn off Scripts, at least until the griefing problem is resolved
  • Turn off Object creation except for group members
  • Turn off Object Entry, at least until the griefing problem is resolved
  • Ban any known griefer accounts by name, in the Access tab of About Land
  • Use a visitor tracker to see who visits your land
  • If your land is on a private estate, contact the estate owner, describe the problem, and request that the griefers be Estate Banned

People actions.

• File an Abuse Report on each known griefer account, for each known incident.  If there are multiple griefers or incidents, reference earlier Abuse Reports to establish a pattern.
  • Mute the person who is threatening you
  • DO NOT RESPOND to them in any way.  Ignore them completely
  • Tell your friends to Abuse Report, Mute, and ignore them too
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You need to look at the settings both for parcels on the land and for roles in the group. We can't say exactly how yu should configure groups and land without knowing more details of course but the basic rule is simple: don't give anybody any abillity they don't need to have,

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.