Scripting Question

Wayne Eros

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not if it's a classic T-shirt that's "painted" on your body, but you can  put a script into any prim or mesh object. I suppose it's worth thinking about how many people will want to click on your shirt, and how many people you want to be clicking on it.....

I made underwear that tattled on perverts in local chat when they clicked on it, so you can certainly make an attachment interact with people if they click you.

A lot of people look for things to click on people's avatars, and if they see the little cursor change, they'd probably click on your top, if they're the clicky sort.

A good way to get around the issue of ordinary clothing layers not being clickable is simply to wear a transparent box around yourself at t-shirt level, and put the script in that.

Then even if you want to change tops, you can still be all clickable for clicky people to click on.

Edited by Berksey

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/25/2018 at 1:08 PM, Wayne Eros said:

I was wondering if it was possible to do a note card giver  on a shirt i was wearing?  Kinda like giving out a Business card when they click.

Not with a fitted or rigged mesh shirt either, unfortunately. 

On 3/27/2018 at 9:33 PM, Berksey said:

I made underwear that tattled on perverts in local chat when they clicked on it, so you can certainly make an attachment interact with people if they click you.

Works with the old school Lolas Tangos which are unrigged mesh.  There was a Halloween freebie script on marketplace called "Candybags" that instead of "tattling" the Lolas gave out candy.  Someone was bound to find the idea of Tango shaped pinatas offensive, and the script has since been removed from MP.

On 3/27/2018 at 9:33 PM, Berksey said:

A good way to get around the issue of ordinary clothing layers not being clickable is simply to wear a transparent box around yourself at t-shirt level, and put the script in that.

Berksey's solution is probably the best way to do what you need.  You may also have the option of linking the transparent box to a fitted/rigged shirt if the shirt can be modded.  Once you link the shirt to the box, take it into inventory, wear it on your chest/spine and edit the box's position to cover the shirt.  While the rigged/fitted part of the shirt can't be clicked, the invisible prim linked to it can be clicked, and it saves you an attachment point.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.