Not able to login because of some pc clock issues

khizrah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Actually i try login today but failed due to some Sl error it says that " login failed due to some unrecognized error ... " then i see that it says " compute clock is set incorrect......  but i did nothing with my clock and it works well it showing me same timing as my region time is .. and as well the date too. i dont know why it is like this now.. i never appeared before and now this.. i tried many timess.. please help.:(  i also set my timing t pacific time but it doesnt help me i m not able to login with third party viewer also .... is there anyway??

29391094_431510897270396_1965886509_o.png

14 answers to this question

It might help to configure your machine to synchronize with an ntp server. Some seconds off might be enough to kill the login. Look up in a manual how to do this with your OS.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

It might help to configure your machine to synchronize with an ntp server. Some seconds off might be enough to kill the login. Look up in a manual how to do this with your OS.

Sorry didnt get you ... :(( can you describe me a bit more.. >.<

8 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Double post?

but anyway have a look at some of the suggestions here

acyually i was scared so i post again with a lil updation sorry.. well yes let me see.. i tried al my ways out but in vain :'( and thankyou for this suggestion i have tried but i dont get how and what to do now ... 

Edited by khizrah

NTP is network time protocol, it keeps the clocks in computers around the globe consistant. Of course it can have other problems but my first guess when someone tells me my clock is off is: To check if my clock is on time.

Edited by Fionalein

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

NTP is network time protocol, it keeps the clocks in computers around the globe consistant. Of course it can have other problems but my first guess when someone tells me my clock is off is: To check if my clock is on time.

thankyou for our suggestions but i tried setting my clock to pacific time also and its perfect time according to my country. and i have reinstall the viewer many times and also i downloaded firestorm and tried third party viewer but i dont know why. it keeps coming and about the time i set it again and again........... i dont understand what SL wants .. :'(

Can you double check that the time and date is in fact set correctly on your computer.
Double check that the correct year is also set.

Which Firewall & antivirus software are you using on your system?
Can you test temporarily disabling your Anti-Virus/Firewall protections, rebooting the computer and then try to log in to Second Life. IF you try this please completely close all other open programs so that nothing is trying to get on the internet while your security is disabled.
Do you still get the computer clock login error?

Are you logging into Second Life through a Public wi-fi connection (e.g. a Cafe or Starbucks) or through a university or college network or are you using a standard home connection?

If you are logging into Second Life through a Public wi-fi connection with a proxy or portal that requires you to login or accept their Terms of Service before you can fully utilize their internet, you must open a browser and try loading a website like "http://purple.com" and then see if the Cafe's portal opens. If so login to that first and then try to log in to Second Life.

• Thanks 1

How old is your machine? There is an extra battery on the mainboard to store "default values", so to speak, for your machine. If it is dying, the internal clock might return incorrect values.

However... there are a few other links in regards to that error. After you have worked through Whirly's post and you still can't login, have a look at these:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Error_messages

https://singularityviewer.atlassian.net/browse/SV-525 

As one of the pages state, the clock hint might be misleading and you could actually be suffering from a different issue.

More details about your hardware and software will be helpful.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Can you double check that the time and date is in fact set correctly on your computer.
Double check that the correct year is also set.

Which Firewall & antivirus software are you using on your system?
Can you test temporarily disabling your Anti-Virus/Firewall protections, rebooting the computer and then try to log in to Second Life. IF you try this please completely close all other open programs so that nothing is trying to get on the internet while your security is disabled.
Do you still get the computer clock login error?

Are you logging into Second Life through a Public wi-fi connection (e.g. a Cafe or Starbucks) or through a university or college network or are you using a standard home connection?

If you are logging into Second Life through a Public wi-fi connection with a proxy or portal that requires you to login or accept their Terms of Service before you can fully utilize their internet, you must open a browser and try loading a website like "http://purple.com" and then see if the Cafe's portal opens. If so login to that first and then try to log in to Second Life.

Thankyouu so much i will try all of these steps! and yes i will let ya know that would it work or not.. well tahnkyou and i will try this :'( i hope it will be fine soon its been 3 days already.. 

• Thanks 1

You also have to use the correct time zone. Computers work on Universal Time so they do not have to deal with time zones among themselves. The time zone allows the computer to display your local time for the nearby carbon-based life forms. It also uses the zone to change whatever time you tell it to UT. 

If you get the time zone wrong your computer sets the wrong UT time. Then you are out of sync with all the devices on the net. The SL system picks up on this and realizes something is wrong.

On 3/28/2018 at 2:03 AM, Nalates Urriah said:

You also have to use the correct time zone. Computers work on Universal Time so they do not have to deal with time zones among themselves. The time zone allows the computer to display your local time for the nearby carbon-based life forms. It also uses the zone to change whatever time you tell it to UT. 

If you get the time zone wrong your computer sets the wrong UT time. Then you are out of sync with all the devices on the net. The SL system picks up on this and realizes something is wrong.

Thankyou for this and i have checked my time but i think its not the problem and i have submitted support ticket lets see what will happen and i m scared that i will loose my Sl and acc.. :"(

On 3/24/2018 at 2:11 PM, khizrah said:

Thankyouu so much i will try all of these steps! and yes i will let ya know that would it work or not.. well tahnkyou and i will try this :'( i hope it will be fine soon its been 3 days already.. 

25 minutes ago, khizrah said:

Thankyou for this and i have checked my time but i think its not the problem and i have submitted support ticket lets see what will happen and i m scared that i will loose my Sl and acc.. :"(

Did you do those steps that Whirly recommended?

1 hour ago, khizrah said:

found something in old posts here  : costs only a few cts when you dare to do it yourself, change the battery on your MB

I doubt SL support will be able to help you with problems on your machine.

Your account is safe on LL servers, your pc won't cause trouble in that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.