Whirly Fizzle

Linden & Administrator accounts do not display in Member search

Posted (edited)

@Tommy Linden

I'm not 100% sure but I think this is a recent problem.

When using member search, any account that is a Linden or Administrator cannot be found in the members list or when searching for a member.

For example:
Search members for Bugsly Linden.
This Linden account is a "Resident" & can be found.

Searching members for Tommy Linden (admin) or Rider Linden (Linden) gives no results.

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
  • Like 1

Odd - they used to show up.  I found Tommy and a few others months back after we shifted to these forums and a few of them posted in threads.

• Like 1

Their profiles are still there.  If you are on a page of someone that a Linden recently viewed the profile of, you can click the Linden name and get the profile.  You just apparently cannot search for them anymore.  :(

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My guess is that Admins and Mods can turn off the users' ability to find and PM them. I came across something similar some months ago, when a mod issued me with 2 warnings (one for here and one for SL, but simultaneous, so over just one thing) and brief bans from both from here and SL. The bans were not meritted and I wanted to talk with that mod about it, but I couldn't get the profile, and I couldn't send a PM. So I talked with an admin instead, who saw that it was unmeritted and kindly overturned it all - except that the short bans had already been completed lol. That's when I guessed that admins and mods have the option to turn contactability on and off.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm, that doesn't really sound like something Tommy or Patch would do, unless they had started getting bombarded with PMs.  I had previously searched each of those before and found them.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I had previously searched each of those before and found them.

Yes, this definitely used to work.

I've successfully searched for Tommy in the past, but it wouldn't surprise me for admins and mods to individually turn off that availability for periods of time, while they are particularly busy.

I'm reminded of Lindens who disappeared but didn't leave. Instead they changed their names to get away from whatever it was they wanted to get away from.

Or it might be a bug :)

This is actually working as intended, it is not preventing anyone from being contacted, it does however encourage everyone to seek assistance via the appropriate channels.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Linden said:

This is actually working as intended, it is not preventing anyone from being contacted, it does however encourage everyone to seek assistance via the appropriate channels.

So it was apparently borked before when we could search on a specific Linden and find them?  Interesting.