How do I post a picture?

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

How do I post a picture in my comments in the forums? When I try to attach my photo I am told that the photo is too large. It has to be under 500 I believe. What is an easy way to make my photo's file size smaller without cropping it into a ridiculously small square? Have tried taking lower resolution photos inworld but sometimes those are too large as well. Am weary of guessing if photo is too large, am hoping for an easy way to tell my photo to be less than 500 when it currently sits at 1.6 or whatev. Thank you.

4 answers to this question

Hi Charolotte! When taking screenshots inworld, I save them as BMP (better resolution) and then before posting them in the forums, I save them as JPG (medium or high settings). The photo downgrades from about 2 Mo in BNP to about 350 or 450 in JPG. I'm using photoshop. If you don't have photoshop, just save your photos directly to JPG inwolrd. (you can change the settings just under the preview window).

• Like 1

Have you an image editing program that allows you save jpg images at varying quality? Photoshop does, so does the free program Gimp. So, if you already have a jpg image that is too large, open it in your image editing program and save it under a different name as a lesser quality jpg. In other words, if you have a jpg image that is 800 kb, resave it at quality 8 in PS for example and it will reduce in size. If still too large, say it's now 550 kb, resave at quality 7. This way, your image stays same size and while it won't be as good quality, this won't matter on an uploaded image to the blog. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.