Rezzer

Ernesto Perez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I was 6y away from SL. In 2011 I made one rezzer product. It was also in Marketplace and all works perfectly. Now I plan to return to SL and put it back to Marketplace. I have question - do it still works as is, or I must recompile it? Or change something in source code? I have no idea what changed in SL scripting.

2 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Not a change in scripting, but of possible interest if this rezzer is ever used for temp-on-rez items: temp Mesh objects count against a parcel's Land Impact quota, whereas temp prims still don't.

In 2011y there wasnt at all such thing as Mesh. I still dont have understanding what is Mesh. In 2011y it rezzes temp objects without problem. I talk about my product Universal-Rezzer (UR). Thank you if you readed or interested about it.  When script was put into object (before taking it into inventory and later to box), then it automatically makes object temporary (then you must quick take it). It was because moving non-temp object is problematic (wastes prims or at all cant move if passing-through land dont have free prims). But in menu you can choose do objects stay temporary or not in final destination. If those new Mesh objects waste prims even when set to temporary, then its completele user responsibility. But in most scenarious there is no difference - user can just rezz objects and there is no importance do object is temporary or not at all in moving phase. It was made just in case when distance is too far. UR was made for rezzing very big buildings, where you can take box or move box to different location and still rezz the same objects to exactly the same location. You can also choose in menu, do you want next time rezz objects to the same place (regardless of box location) or move also objects relative from box previous location......Mesh is interesting thing. I heared it used more for clothes. Surely I in future also learn it more. UR, while objects move to final destination, objects are set to temporary, transparent (objects all prims every sides are recorded to database) and phantom. After final destination, all is again restored.   

It's been a while, but perhaps llSetRegionPos() was introduced recently enough to be a worthwhile update for moving the rezzed objects; using that function, they don't pass through any parcels so prim limits wouldn't matter except at the final destination.

From "objects all prims every sides are recorded to database" I'm guessing the scripts already use llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast() which was introduced in 2010, but I vaguely recall that PRIM_LINK_TARGET may have been added later and might be useful here.

12 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

It's been a while, but perhaps llSetRegionPos() was introduced recently enough to be a worthwhile update for moving the rezzed objects; using that function, they don't pass through any parcels so prim limits wouldn't matter except at the final destination.

From "objects all prims every sides are recorded to database" I'm guessing the scripts already use llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast() which was introduced in 2010, but I vaguely recall that PRIM_LINK_TARGET may have been added later and might be useful here.

I wasnt used llSetRegionPos(). My UR dont move rezzed objects. After objects reach final destination, they cant be moved, only there is option to destroy whole building. UR working logic is first after rezzing, move objects through previously predefined trajectory points (only when this is set up manually. You can manually sit on box and move box to some location, save, then next location and box records this. If you dont want, just skip this). Then object start calculating where is shortest way to destination.  It moves by triggering X-Y. When it reaches some no-entry land between box and destination, then it moves back and tries other road. Example your land is not rectangle and there is some neighbour land between. Of course, as object is temporary, there is time for this only 60s. If within 60s it dont reach destination, it destroys. When object is enough close to destination, then it moves Z coordinate accurate and jumps to right position, right angle etc. All acpects I even dont remember right now, it was 6y ago. And everywhere I used absolute-global coordinates, not sim-coordinates, but coordinates of whole SL. So, for UR dont exist regions. There, in programming, was also one aspect about numbers limits. So I used some manual calculation without this limit, so coordinates and angles isnt only correct, but exact absolutely. And then it restores transparency. Yes, I used  llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(), but not PRIM_LINK_TARGET (dont remember, dont know).

5 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

My UR dont move rezzed objects. After objects reach final destination, they cant be moved, only there is option to destroy whole building. UR working logic is first after rezzing, move objects through previously predefined trajectory points (only when this is set up manually. You can manually sit on box and move box to some location, save, then next location and box records this. If you dont want, just skip this). Then object start calculating where is shortest way to destination.  

Yes, but what Qie is describing makes that unnecessary. With llSetRegionPos, you can rez an object at the rezzer and then move the entire object to a new location in the same region instantly, instead of "moving objects through previously predefined trajectory points."  You don't have to worry about crossing parcels where scripts or object entry are disabled.

6 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Yes, but what Qie is describing makes that unnecessary. With llSetRegionPos, you can rez an object at the rezzer and then move the entire object to a new location in the same region instantly, instead of "moving objects through previously predefined trajectory points."  You don't have to worry about crossing parcels where scripts or object entry are disabled.

Ok, you mean this llSetRegionPos is more like jump or teleport for objects, without object moving to destination? This sounds interesting of course, I think 2011y wasnt such function. But anyway it cant substitute UR, because as function name says, it dont work across regions. My UR can rezz objects also into next region. For UR dont exist regions. Of course there is room for developing next version, example when object is already moved into destination region, then instead of moving to use this  llSetRegionPos function. But how accurate are this function coordinate parameters? Im little concerned about it. I was seen lots of rezzers those rezz not 100% exact coordinates.

10 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

But how accurate are this function coordinate parameters?

I'm sure that someone has done a rigorous test, but I can say for myself that llSetRegionPos has very little error, if any. I have had no reason to complain.  Yes, it only operates within a region, but you could almost certainly combine it with llSetKeyframedMotion or another method to move across region boundaries in a series of steps.   Frankly, however, if I ever had to move a stationary object across more than one new region, I would simply pick it up and rez it manually at the new location.  If I were moving a vehicle like a trolley or a bus, of course, I would indeed use a method like llMoveToTarget or llSetKeyframedMotion to move between waypoints, but that's a different situation.

13 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I'm sure that someone has done a rigorous test, but I can say for myself that llSetRegionPos has very little error, if any. I have had no reason to complain.  Yes, it only operates within a region, but you could almost certainly combine it with llSetKeyframedMotion or another method to move across region boundaries in a series of steps.   Frankly, however, if I ever had to move a stationary object across more than one new region, I would simply pick it up and rez it manually at the new location.  If I were moving a vehicle like a trolley or a bus, of course, I would indeed use a method like llMoveToTarget or llSetKeyframedMotion to move between waypoints, but that's a different situation.

Im not sure how much in SL are landowners who owns multiple sims in bunch. But the idea was to make rezzer without region limits. There was also additionally 2 other purposes why to rez into next sim or through next sim: 1) when I was previously inworld, there was one "secret" possibility to rezz objects into no-entry land. It was possible only through region boundary. Inside region no-entry works, but in region boundary not. Im not sure when, but this "bug" was fixed and now everywhere no-entry works also through region crossing.  2) the other purpose, that is possible also today, is to just rezz objects into next sim where is not set "no-entry", but rezzing is blocked. Of course I dont suggest anyone to do this with some resident land. Because then it classifies as griefing. Even when there is only one mouse click to stop this by land owner. But its possible with Linden lands, as squatting. And aslo, I dont say sqatting is allowd, its your responsibility and its little undocumented area. 

I just readed about this llSetRegionPos from wiki and I dont like this function at all:

1)  "Tries to move the entire object so that the root prim is within 0.1m of position.".......I dont understan this at all.  Root prim is the actual object position, what the heck is 0.1m ? Does this means that coordinates arent exact at all. 0.1m is huge mistake in buildings. 

2) "If the position is below ground, it will be set to the ground level at that X,Y spot."......very bad, to put objects below ground must be normal building practice.

3) "the object can not move to position due to parcel/region restrictions (object entry rules, prim limits, bans, etc).".......I suspect this means also "no rezz" option. UR can rezz (actually move) even to "no rezz" land when "object entry" is allowed. Also UR dont care from prim limits when object is temporary. From wiki I cant read how about temp objects rezz at all.  Temp objects limit is = (parcel prim limit - used prims) +  minimum of this( 0.5*parcel prim limit+400 or 1000)

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.