Forum Profile 'Cover Photo'

LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2213 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Tommy Linden said:

Let me look into this, and I will get back to you.

Something we have noticed - if I hover over your name here in the forums threads, your cover photo will start out grey but will resolve to the image within 1-2 seconds.  Yet I can't get it to resolve to an actual picture when I'm on anyone's profile page.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Something we have noticed - if I hover over your name here in the forums threads, your cover photo will start out grey but will resolve to the image within 1-2 seconds.  Yet I can't get it to resolve to an actual picture when I'm on anyone's profile page.

it is just lag, make it more like sl 

• Haha 3

They're still all grey for me if I look in a profile. It shouldn't be the size (whether in dimension or byte count) because these were all working fine until recently. I first noticed the problem earlier this week.

I tried removing & replacing the cover photo with the same one. Still grey. I cut each dimension by half (to 750x135, 69KB) and tried that one. Still grey. The max size is 0.98MB, BTW.

Edited by Parhelion Palou
Additional information

20 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I can see them all so either it got fixed OR perhaps some of the background photos are too heavy.  Just because they will LET you upload a huge size of file, doesn't mean you should (old web page designer here :D). 

Still grey here too. I did try upload one pic and it was refused due to size. I edited it down (Gimp) and it was accepted. So a size limit is still in effect. I did crop it in such a way from seeing it while hovering over my profile pic. But when all is said and done, it's nice to be able to move the pic around for the best view, but you have to be able to see it in the first place.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2213 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.