Firestorm crash logger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hiya

the firestorm viewer launches a crash logger exe that never closes and keeps launching them forever until your pc looks like windows 10 creators update with a million processes of the same firestorm crash logger is there any plans to remove the firestorm crash logger or fix it? I uninstalled firestorm I went to programs folder to delete the folder and windows said I couldnt delete it because it was in use I wasnt using firestorm so I ctrl+alt+delete and there is a million firestorm crash logger exe's running in task manager so i had to waste a day closing them all one by one by hand in order to remove and uninstall and close firestorm finally

8 hours ago, iceing Braveheart said:

Hiya

the firestorm viewer launches a crash logger exe that never closes and keeps launching them forever until your pc looks like windows 10 creators update with a million processes of the same firestorm crash logger is there any plans to remove the firestorm crash logger or fix it? I uninstalled firestorm I went to programs folder to delete the folder and windows said I couldnt delete it because it was in use I wasnt using firestorm so I ctrl+alt+delete and there is a million firestorm crash logger exe's running in task manager so i had to waste a day closing them all one by one by hand in order to remove and uninstall and close firestorm finally

Odd, I  don't have any running on my system.  Last I knew the program only started if the viewer was crashing or if it there was a corrupted file during veiwer startup. 

When you did the uninstall, did you make sure you also cleaned up the 'appdata' locations - both Local and Roaming?  Then do a clean install and see what happens?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2018 at 10:11 AM, Whirly Fizzle said:

It sounds like the win_crash_logger process isn't shutting down when you exit the viewer.
This problem has been reported a few times on both the LL JIRA & The Firestorm JIRA.

Which operating system are you using? Most cases I've seen are on Windows 7 systems.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-7873

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.