Coming Out as a New Woman

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Well, yes! That’s going to be the most fun part, sharing her with you (me being a forum whore and all).

You say that but..I’ve never tried so I don’t know that! There’s at least a couple things that (most) men don’t focus on: makeup, accesssories, decent female AO, fashion style. 

Speaking of AO, I don't know how much shopping or configuration you feel up to doing, but in the meantime there is a good free female AO at Amacci - free for avatars under 30 days old.

Skin and hair shopping can be time consuming, but they count the most.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Totally would not have remembered “nails”!

By “accessories”, I meant things like purse, brooch, handbag, hair clip, hat..anything that can be attached and is not a standard piece of clothing. (Whips and chains and ropes and..)

Looking good so far (but would also say to make the hands smaller, whether mesh or not)

I've been in SL for 12 years & haven't known any female avatars, and have rarely seen any, with any of the above (tho i'm sure some do)

I'd say you only need what you would for a male avi, body/head/shape & skin, eyes & hair. clothes & ao but obviously clothes for females.

No need for anything other than what you'd buy anyway, just head to female clothing stores.

Remember if you change hair colour to match the eyebrows to the hair (a personal bug bear of mine lol)

Physics guys have too, and I always use them but many don't, so it's just preference I guess

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! Blueberry is good for clothing!

Just now, Liana Wildmist said:

Looking good so far (but would also say to make the hands smaller, whether mesh or not)

Just to clarify, I did nothing to her yet - this is how one of the “default” avatars looks - straight out of the chute!

Here’s a bit of news, I haven’t decided what ethnicity she should be starting out. I plan trying all that I can find. Because of my RL affinity with the Trans community as an Ally, I am leading towards African (dark skin/features, not necessarily African dress although I found that) first - and yes, I know that will be a challenge.

4 minutes ago, Liana Wildmist said:

Blueberry is good for clothing!

Thanks for the recommendation!

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Just to clarify, I did nothing to her yet - this is how one of the “default” avatars looks - straight out of the chute!

Here’s a bit of news, I haven’t decided what ethnicity she should be starting out. I plan trying all that I can find. Because of my RL affinity with the Trans community as an Ally, I am leading towards African (dark skin/features, not necessarily African dress although I found that) first - and yes, I know that will be a challenge.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Wow the default avs improved since my time lol

I sometimes think I would like to make a guy avi, but talking less than I do now would be even more of a challenge!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe she will make friends easier than Love! Do women make friends easily?

Meh,  not necessarily.  I've been playing off and on for 3 years and JUST started making friends,the last month, by coming to the forums. ( We ARE friends, right? :P

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe she will make friends easier than Love! Do women make friends easily?

With guys yes, with other females it's rare any IM me, probably going to something like the Breakfast club would work. Usually it's very easy with guys, not easy with girls, tho I generally find guy friends easier so don't often look

• Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.