SL 15. birthday

Virus Writer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

20 answers to this question

1 hour ago, spellbound Auster said:

now there is a Linden lab career on the site, see what's closer to you .. in spirit. and write in support that you want to work with them  >>   https://www.lindenlab.com/careers

I'm pretty sure a career at LL is not what the OP was talking about.  I'm betting they want to be part of the birthday celebration, putting on a play for folks to see.

• Like 1

You actually don't need to get permission to do this.  The "official" Second Life Birthday celebration is set up on several regions set aside for just this purpose.  You DO need to sign up to get land for an exhibit there, or to perform on one of the several stages set up for events.  But there are "SL Birthday" events all over the grid, not just on the Birthday regions.  If you have a theater venue, go ahead and put on your play, and hang SL 15th Birthday banners all over everything.  No one will stop you or tell you no.

I'm sure there will be an SL15B website set up to help coordinate the event planning, but it's not live yet.  Keep your Google Search eyes peeled for when it does go up.

This has been the website for the last three years so I assume it will be for this year also: http://www.slcommunitycelebration.info/

It will be awhile before sign ups for either exhibits or performers are listed. If you want to be on one of the performance stages (there are several) then you will need to sign up when sign ups open and go to a screening to show what you do (at least that has been the plan in the past).  

There is also typically a notice on the Firestorm viewer log in page letting you know that sign ups are open. Since they haven't posted yet for infrastructure builders, it will likely be a month or more down the road. 

Edited by Chic Aeon

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Я почти уверен, что карьера в LL - это не то, о чем говорил OP. Я держу пари, что они хотят быть частью празднования дня рождения, надевая игру для людей.

I realized this yesterday, that he wants to work on the Event
All questions to the linden lab, anyway!
Perhaps OP will want to become an employee of the Linden lab, you do not know about it.
Maybe he dreams, be a lol employee

5 hours ago, spellbound Auster said:

my translator works well.
I'm not complaining that I have an auto translation

Your translator works about as well as you can expect.  I can generally figure out what you've intended to say!  Be aware that computer translation is limited, though.  Remember to use simple words, no jargon, slang, acronyms or abbreviations.  Keep sentences short and direct.  I have had some very funny, embarrassing, or confusing results come out of computer translators.

7 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Ваш переводчик работает так же хорошо, как вы можете ожидать. Я вообще могу понять, что вы намеревались сказать! Помните, что компьютерный перевод ограничен. Не забудьте использовать простые слова, ни жаргон, ни сленг, ни аббревиатуры, ни сокращения. Держите предложения короткими и прямыми. У меня были очень забавные, смущающие или запутанные результаты, полученные из компьютерных переводчиков.

I know everything perfectly!
Yes, and I to test my words ... I do reverse translation

19 minutes ago, spellbound Auster said:

I know everything perfectly!

This statement is a prime example of the problem.

If your browser is translating automatically and you don't know/understand English, then you won't even understand what is wrong with that statement.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Это утверждение является ярким примером проблемы.

Однако, если ваш браузер автоматически переводится, и вы не знаете / не понимаете английский, тогда вы даже не поймете, что не так с этим утверждением.

I understand English.
Sometimes I use an interpreter.
More questions?

Or this one ...

22 minutes ago, spellbound Auster said:

Yes, and I to test my words

Your English is much better than my Russian, but it is far from perfect.  Translators make many mistakes that native speakers would recognize easily.

Edited by Rolig Loon

15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Если ваш браузер переводится автоматически, и вы не знаете / понимаете английский, тогда вы даже не поймете, что не так с этим утверждением.

my browser translates if I click on the button.
If I did not click the button, I read the native text
English

Edited by spellbound Auster

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Или этот ...

Ваш английский намного лучше моего русского, но он далек от совершенства. Переводчики делают много ошибок, которые носители языка легко узнают.

lol do you want to learn Russian well?

1 hour ago, spellbound Auster said:

lol do you want to learn Russian well?

I have learned several languages, and have studied Russian just enough to know that it will take me a long time to learn it well.  Russian is almost as difficult as English.  9_9

Computer translators are much better today than they were once, even ten years ago, but I am smart enough to know that they still make very bad mistakes.  

5 минут назад, Ролиг Лун сказал:

Я изучил несколько языков и достаточно изучил русский язык, чтобы понять, что мне нужно много времени, чтобы хорошо изучить его. Русский язык почти такой же сложный, как английский.  9_9

Компьютерные переводчики сегодня намного лучше, чем когда-то, даже десять лет назад, но я достаточно умен, чтобы знать, что они по-прежнему совершают очень плохие ошибки.  

Я с тобой согласен!
Я преподаю вам русский язык.
Вы пытаетесь повысить уровень моего английского языка 

Edited by spellbound Auster

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.