Dummy Body for Mesh Clothing

CRTVDex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone, my name is Türkay. This is my first post. ^.^ I hope I am writing it on correct forum. 

I want to create mesh clothings. I know how to make rigging etc. but I am stuck at one point, which is I need a body to work on it for creating my clothes. So do you know how can I get Second Life bodies? I plan to create clothes and sell them.

Edited by CRTVDex
Fixed typo.

There are many options out there, but i think you want to begin with the default avatar. Depending on the 3D software you use, you may want to buy one of the available SL related plug ins

Blender has Avastar

Maya has MayaStar

3DSMax has Marionette

However, these plug ins aren't mandatory to get started, they just simplify and speed up your workflow. You can get the basic male and female avatars from here http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh/Rigging_Fitted_Mesh

Just download the skeleton file that is most suitable to your 3D software of choice

Good luck :)

• Thanks 2

Sure you can use those avatars to work on, they're out there for this reason :) be aware that these dummies are for the default avatar, in time you will also need to get the mesh bodies devkits if you'll want to rig for, say Altamura or Maitreya body. 

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
On 3/22/2018 at 6:14 AM, OptimoMaximo said:

There are many options out there, but i think you want to begin with the default avatar. Depending on the 3D software you use, you may want to buy one of the available SL related plug ins

Blender has Avastar

Maya has MayaStar

3DSMax has Marionette

However, these plug ins aren't mandatory to get started, they just simplify and speed up your workflow. You can get the basic male and female avatars from here http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh/Rigging_Fitted_Mesh

Just download the skeleton file that is most suitable to your 3D software of choice

Good luck :)

On 3/22/2018 at 6:14 AM, OptimoMaximo said:

Can you link to Marionette please?  I'm not finding it. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.