Searching land?

Ernesto Perez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Its named game. But Scarlett I like more than wolf.

99.9% of SL users are NOT comfortable calling it a “game”. You’re VERY new, aren’t you? When you call support, they (at least used) to refer to SL as a “game”, I suppose for legal purposes.

It is not a “game” because there is no point, no goal, very few rules, no “end”, no way to “win”.

Please get educated.

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

99.9% of SL users are NOT comfortable calling it a “game”. You’re VERY new, aren’t you? When you call support, they (at least used) to refer to SL as a “game”, I suppose for legal purposes.

It is not a “game” because there is no point, no goal, very few rules, no “end”, no way to “win”.

Please get educated.

Why you think when there is game then there must also be point. Not at all. And after all, when I play a game, I can name it exactly as I want. Or you think game start talking me back - "Im not game.....Im not game......dont play me.......eat me but dont play".

1 hour ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Why you think when there is game then there must also be point. Not at all. And after all, when I play a game, I can name it exactly as I want. Or you think game start talking me back - "Im not game.....Im not game......dont play me.......eat me but dont play".

Troll

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Pssst..there are active users on this forum who make their Real Life Living income from Second Life (not me).

Raises hand

Granted I do not make my *entire* rl living from sl...but I could, and I have in the past, and I would again if need be. I was going to list all the things it funds, but..well, frankly, that's no one's business...and the OP wouldn't believe me even if I said it. Suffice it to say, my sl living has funded a LOT in rl, and ALL of my sl, since 2008. 

OP:-Scoff all you want at what others can, or can't(in your mind) do, on whatever subject you wish...but one thing is very, very clear....your trolling skills need work. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2018 at 6:26 PM, Syn Anatine said:

Stop feeding the obvious troll. No one can be that ignorant and so loud about it. It's a farce.

Noooo, it's been my experience that, holding all other factors constant, ignorance and loudness are highly correlated. Your statement makes me grin, as it exhibits a shared misconception in an amusing way.

Ernesto thinks he knows more than he does. He's not competent enough in computer science or SL to assess his own competence in either area. The less you know, the more you think you know and the more loudly you proclaim it. That's the Dunning-Krüger effect, which Snugs brings up every time I think I know something.

And you think Ernesto can't be as ignorant as he seems (that he knows more than he's showing), and so attribute his behavior to malice. Hanlon's Razor applies here. When you know things, it's difficult to remember what it was like not to know them. And if you know a lot of things, including how to push people's buttons, you think other people do too. But there are plenty of people in the world who know less than you about any number of things. It seems to me that Ernesto is frustrated that reality won't conform to his misconception of it, and the resulting hubris irritates you.

Think of your frustration with such people as the price you pay for knowledge, and learn to deal with it.

You can practice on me, though I might be trolling you.

;-).

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Yes, yes you can.

And I can consider you foolish... for free.

I think I'm getting the better deal.

Yes you can and yes, you have better deal. But Im still happy. Imagine, I can rezz something in land and call is as game and not virtual reality and I myself can be computer scientist. And this only for 80 USD. Its just fantastic.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Yes you can and yes, you have better deal. But Im still happy. Imagine, I can rezz something in land and call is as game and not virtual reality and I myself can be computer scientist. And this only for 80 USD. Its just fantastic.

Well there ya go, Ernesto. Happiness is where it's at, and I do love win-win outcomes.

;-).

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Noooo, it's been my experience that, holding all other factors constant, ignorance and loudness are highly correlated. Your statement makes me grin, as it exhibits a shared misconception in an amusing way.

Ernesto thinks he knows more than he does. He's not competent enough in computer science or SL to assess his own competence in either area. The less you know, the more you think you know and the more loudly you proclaim it. That's the Dunning-Krüger effect, which Snugs brings up every time I think I know something.

And you think Ernesto can't be as ignorant as he seems (that he knows more than he's showing), and so attribute his behavior to malice. Hanlon's Razor applies here. When you know things, it's difficult to remember what it was like not to know them. And if you know a lot of things, including how to push people's buttons, you think other people do too. But there are plenty of people in the world who know less than you about any number of things. It seems to me that Ernesto is frustrated that reality won't conform to his misconception of it, and the resulting hubris irritates you.

Think of your frustration with such people as the price you pay knowledge, and learn to deal with it.

You can practice on me, though I might be trolling you.

;-).

I still have that bloody toodledoo halloween girl avatar with the huge knife. Don't make me come chase you!

Holy mother of...I need to read german equivalents of those Wiki sites you linked, I think I just got an aneurysm seeing so many english words I've never seen before. Twenty years of learning english and then this. It's easier to make sense of Ernesto's babble than those articles. I am not sure whether I should laugh or cry right now!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.