The new Marketplace Features coming - Merchant Survey Requirement

Charlotte Bartlett

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 5/5/2018 at 12:47 PM, Rya Nitely said:

OK, thank you for explaining how simple it is. I'll keep reminding myself of that next time a customer asks me something like how do I make my item bigger. It's my job to explain it to them, how to select stretch texture and how to select edit link/unlink. I'll remember how simple it is. Thank you :(

I get a lot of questions like this, but honestly I see it as an opportunity to engage with my customer and most of them remember helpful merchants, and are very loyal.   Yes it takes time in my day (every day) providing customer support and these days I have some "responses" pre saved that I can quickly paste back from experience.   But I like it and it's nice to help people get invested into the platform.  I also have the funniest moments helping customers - my favorite was "Hi Charlotte, your house is in my butt.  I need help as my husband is coming home".     (She had attached the house to her bum, somehow).  xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Charlotte Bartlett said:

I get a lot of questions like this, but honestly I see it as an opportunity to engage with my customer and most of them remember helpful merchants, and are very loyal.   Yes it takes time in my day (every day) providing customer support and these days I have some "responses" pre saved that I can quickly paste back from experience.   But I like it and it's nice to help people get invested into the platform.  I also have the funniest moments helping customers - my favorite was "Hi Charlotte, your house is in my butt.  I need help as my husband is coming home".     (She had attached the house to her bum, somehow).  xD

It’s not a complaint, just a fact: creators provide a great deal of basic SL support, in addition to product support. I am not sure LL is sufficiently aware of this service we provide, without which it would all fall to LL Support. I don’t remember hearing from LL that they are particularly aware of this additional way in which we are partnered wiTh them. And of course as you say, it is a way for us to build loyal clientele.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My biggest wish is a better division and classification of the categories. For example, displaying related or related categories.

For example:
Textures / paints for vehicles. There are some creators in the area. A new category "Vehicle textures" possibly with subcategories would be great.

So far we can only be found at: Buildings and object components: Textures.

That would be my suggestion and request

Sorry for my english. Its not my native language.

20 hours ago, Charlotte Bartlett said:

She had attached the house to her bum, somehow)

Important warning: Do not under ny circumstance try this in Real Life!

Although Real Life may appear similar to Second Life at first glance, there are significant differences. Activities common in one of them may not be socially acceptable in or even applicable to the other.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Haha 3

I finally found the time to make a list of things I'd like to see changed/added, in no specific order.. most of them have been covered by others already, but this is too important to just stay quiet and whine later - especially when more fees are planned for features, which - let's be honest here - come for free and are considered a standard from a lot of other services out there.
Sooo, here it goes:

Animations -> Posing Animations:
Poses are essential for not only people who love to convey their moods/emotions, show the bonds to their loved ones and telling stories through pictures. And think of all the wedding pictures! Poses are also essential for presentation, marketing and selling strategies for stores, clubs and events, which reflects not only in their advertisements/vendor pictures but also in blogger's pictures. And let's not forget about all those professional photography studios! Therefore I'd love to see some love in form of some sub categories here:
- Animations -> Posing Animations -> Single Posing Animations
- Animations -> Posing Animations -> Couple Posing Animations
- Animations -> Posing Animations -> Group Posing Animations
We could also argue about a more descriptive category name, be it 'posing animations', 'poses', 'static poses' or 'static animations', of which the latter makes the most sense imo - in every language.. *shrugs*

Buildings and Other Structures -> Backdrops:
With the hype of blogging and photography, I feel backdrops have deserved their own little category in Buildings and Other Structures 

Wrong Category listings:
- Add a 'Wrong Category' button or function within flagging to help make creators/resellers aware of where they put their items - including the possibility to select a better fitting category.

Flagging:
The function is great and I'm happy that it exists, but it's not well defined. If for example an item is being flagged for not being in the right maturity level, it should have a more specific choice and notification: was it the picture, the title, the description and/or the keywords? This should be conveyed properly to give creators a chance to correct their mistake before they not only lose their listing, but also all viewing and selling history on that listing. 

Favorites:
- Using the SLMP categories for the favorites page would help a lot with sorting and finding.
- And having the possibility to add entire stores as favorites.

Demos and gachas:
This is the most frustrating and time consuming part when using the MP nowadays to find something as a customer in my personal opinion. We need to have an easier way to find something without the search result pages being filled with demos or gachas.
- Pin the demos to their corresponding full items or give us a filtering option that excludes all demos. Simply excluding by price doesn't serve the purpose, because then gifts and dollarbies would be excluded as well.
- And please give gachas their own category/categories - no, wait.. for the love of linden gods, give them their own marketplace!

Redelivery:
- Implement a redelivery button for recipients (=buyers who bought for themselves, as well as people who received the item as a gift) for copy items. 

Order history:
- Add search function.

Inventory -> Manage listings:
- Remember the settings how I viewed my listings the last time, so that I don't have to change item number per page or date every time.

Orders -> Transaction History:
- Make it possible to search for recipients as well, not only buyers (because of the gift option). Buyers and Recipients are shown on the Reports -> Orders page, so it should be possible.

Reports -> Top selling products and Top searched products:
- Give options for date ranges: today - last 24 hrs - last week - last month - all time. And remember that setting for the next time I log in.
- Add a top views by clicks report.
- Add a search function.
- Add the choice of a diagram in each section for better visualization of the numbers.
- Remove items that are no longer listed or move them to the end of the report.

Store front page:
- Give the option for creators to choose what is being shown first as an override to the general SLMP settings.
- Choices could be: Custom selection of first 12 items (like a portfolio or showcase), Newest to oldest, Top sellers (sub-cat choice: last 24 hrs, last week, last month, all time)

Listed item page and store policies:
- Implement text spaces/boxes inside/above/under item description to incorporate store's policies. Add possibility to have that text in bold/underlined/in color.
- For a merchant with multiple stores/items from different categories: make it possible to have multiple pre-defined policies (defined by the merchant) depending on the items.
- For a full perm store: make a floater that pops up as soon a customer buys a full perm item (or when a full perm item is in their cart), making them aware of what they're buying and what policies are bound to that.
- Remove Features tab. All relevant info is already in the description, features is just redundant and offers no benefit.

Multiple store fronts for a single avatar:
Yes!

Store manager function:
Absolutely!

Bulk upload of images:
For a lot of creators and listings a must!

Add/edit related items:
- A list of all listed items should be given to select multiple items at once, not one at a time.

Sales and Discounts:
- Add ability to set sale percentages on items. Ability needs to be easily set to: all items, specific items within a category or selected items. Percentages because not always do all items have the same selling price.
- Add a time frame choice to that, too, if possible.

Mesh body compatibility:
Branding right now works only for one specific body. A lot of clothes and accessories nowadays are fitted to more than just one body and creators should be able to list all compatible bodies. This sort of branding should be implemented into the search as well, making it easier for customers to find items specific for their body within the category they're looking for.

Feedback/Reviews:
Reviews should be approved by the merchant first before becoming visible. That way the merchant can help the customer before a negative feedback would turn visible. And that also gives the merchant the chance to flag abusive behavior.

Secondlife.com -> Account -> L$ Transaction History:
- Item names instead of item numbers - or item names along with item numbers.

• Like 2

On 5/9/2018 at 5:42 AM, Pamela Galli said:

It’s not a complaint, just a fact: creators provide a great deal of basic SL support, in addition to product support. I am not sure LL is sufficiently aware of this service we provide, without which it would all fall to LL Support. I don’t remember hearing from LL that they are particularly aware of this additional way in which we are partnered wiTh them. And of course as you say, it is a way for us to build loyal clientele.

This ^

I enjoy teaching my customers, and engaging with them etc., but it is an assumed part of the job, and not an easy part because it can pull you away from what you are working on and take away valuable time. And as Pamela said, it is not taken into consideration when LL increase our fees. I don't believe they are aware of how hard merchants work.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cuore Capalini said:

I finally found the time to make a list of things

I have a long list too, gathered over the years, but I'm too afraid now to mention any of them because it's come to this - more MP features = Fee increase. And I prefer to save as much money as I can. I know some people don't like hearing it, but there it is :(. And it should be noted as the opinion of many, not just some.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

My apologies if I am repeating thoughts expressed earlier in this thread, but I for one am saddened to see that Marketplace has been overrun by Gacha sellers. Please give them (gacha sellers) their own category so we can search the creators separately.

tbh I'm just about ready to give up on Marketplace and go back to searching in-world stores instead

• 2 years later...

Who remembers this thread -  it was from 2018 asking for a survey from LL for merchants to be able to articulate at a wide community level on what better e-commerce solutions we needed.    It went off the rails a bit - but the genuine ask was for LL to conduct a survey online so merchants could provide their needs so LL could use the intel to shape benefits for us.

I am bumping this, because LL had said during a meeting we attended earlier this year, that once the "cloud" work was completed for sims - things would open back up on development for things like e-commerce (Marketplace).  Well, as that was (still is?) slated by end of this year - surely now would be a good time (with the potential sale etc) to have a good handle on what merchants need.

We did get store managers (and I think if we ban somebody in-world they can't purchase - not sure I don't have anybody banned!) and I think some Gacha stuff - but never got our survey.

I still want a survey please (2 years later)..... is this just me ha! (it's ok if it is)....   @Grumpity Linden

😂 please don't hate me for necro-posting and I hope this doesn't cause the OT stuff to come back apologies! ❤️

Edited by Charlotte Bartlett
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.