Script that play anim & sound at the same time

LAHIN Milo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

this is my first post.

English is not my main language..just in case :)

I'd like to create a drink, but i need a script that play 2 anim (hold and drink) + the sip sound .

So the drink anim + sip sound should be played at the same time ..

I've been looking for this but i found nothing, that play both things together ..

Someone can help me please ?

10 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, LAHIN Milo said:

Hello,

this is my first post.

English is not my main language..just in case :)

I'd like to create a drink, but i need a script that play 2 anim (hold and drink) + the sip sound .

So the drink anim + sip sound should be played at the same time ..

I've been looking for this but i found nothing, that play both things together ..

Someone can help me please ?

Not sure if sound and anim at same time are possible as for hold anim: Nope. You will need several scripts, one per animation. (this could be up to 3 scripts, one for bento hold cup, one to raise drink to mouth and another one for bento mouth to drink (or use old facial expressions)

Had the same issue with my blaster, so I dropped a second script in the blaster that listens to the same channel as the main blaster script to play bento hold upon "draw" command and stop it upon "sling". This script is totaly independent from the main blaster scripts, not connected at all. In your case you might want to connect the scripts to listen to an extra script taht triggers them to keep them in sync .... but better ask some advanced scripters on tricks for that.

But as for hold... that's simple: just add a script that plays finger hold position upon equip and ends the anim upon uneqip.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your reply.

Well i found one script that play both anim hold and drink.

And i have another one "random noise" script that can play the sound.. so ive to synchronize the sip sound with the drink moment ..

But i cant do it, i mean that when i change the timer on the script random noise  , the sound doesnt fall at the right moment ..

Ugh... -.- Maybe i should keep working on it ..

ps: I bought a drink, and into this item there's only one script and one sound (when you wear it, it play hold and drink anim+ the sip sound all synchronized) , that's why i was askin if there's a free script that can play both .

23 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Wait, isn’t play sound + anim just a Gesture?

Yeah, but AFAIK you cannot trigger gestures from scripts... 

29 minutes ago, LAHIN Milo said:

ps: I bought a drink, and into this item there's only one script and one sound (when you wear it, it play hold and drink anim+ the sip sound all synchronized) , that's why i was askin if there's a free script that can play both .

Most likely animation plus sound work simultaniously. In the days of the ancients before me, there was no bento. Hand positions were hardcoded ito each animation so the script would only have to alternate between hold cup down and lift to drink. Nowadays you can have both fingers and arm animation in one file but most likely will not have to use different files simultaniously (unless you do not create it for bento hands, then just ignore my ramblings).

Edited by Fionalein

3 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Yeah, but AFAIK you cannot trigger gestures from scripts... 

Most likely animation plus sound work simultaniously. In the days of the ancients before me, there was no bento. Hand positions were hardcoded ito each animation so the script would only have to alternate between hold cup down and lift to drink. Nowadays you can have both fingers and arm animation in one file but most likely will not have to use different files simultaniously (unless you do not create it for bento hands, then just ignore my ramblings).

If you “preload” the sound, it will start when you want instead of there being a delay when you play it. I haven’t scripted it myself..

It's reasonably simple, although you may want to find a friend who is a scripter to help you.  The "hold" animation is a static anim that simply gets triggered one time, presumably when you pick up the cup.  The drinking anim is a looped anim that has to be triggered in a timer event (or by some other action that you choose).  The sound would usually be triggered in that same event, as the drinking anim starts.  So, all three operations work in a single script that you put into the cup.  If you're lucky, you will find a freebie coffee cup in world that you can cannibalize for parts.  There are plenty of them lying around.  If you can't find one, that's where your friendly scripter will need to help make you something that works, and you will have to put your own anims in it.

If you are not a scripter, you can either find a scripter to write a custom script for you (or redesign an existing one) or you can keep looking for one that you can use as is. You can advertise for a scripter in the InWorld Employment forum.  Be sure to let the scripter know exactly what you expect, and be sure that you know the cost and delivery time before you agree.  If you want to continue looking for an existing script, you could post in the Wanted forum or you can try visiting script libraries in world or on the Internet.  If you will need to do any modifications at all, you will need a script that has MOD perms.

Edited by Rolig Loon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.