How long must I wait? (Resolved)

Lewis Luminos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a premium account, with which I've had a Linden home for some time, but no other purchased mainland.  I pay annually for my Premium fees, and I have never owned enough land to pay a monthly tier.

I have now abandoned the Linden home and intend to purchase a 1024m parcel with my new improved tier allowance. How long must I wait before I can do so without being hit for the extra tier from owning too much land during my "billing cycle"? I don't even know what my billing cycle is because I don't pay monthly tier. Is it a month after abandoning the Linden Home? Or is it the 1st of the next month? Or is it based on the date my Premium fee is due? 

Edited by Lewis Luminos
Resolved

3 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

I have a premium account, with which I've had a Linden home for some time, but no other purchased mainland.  I pay annually for my Premium fees, and I have never owned enough land to pay a monthly tier.

I have now abandoned the Linden home and intend to purchase a 1024m parcel with my new improved tier allowance. How long must I wait before I can do so without being hit for the extra tier from owning too much land during my "billing cycle"? I don't even know what my billing cycle is because I don't pay monthly tier. Is it a month after abandoning the Linden Home? Or is it the 1st of the next month? Or is it based on the date my Premium fee is due? 

With the new tier allowance for mainland, you will not need to worry about this at all. 1024m are now included with all Premium Accounts, the only payment you would be making would be the purchasing of the parcel. After that you will only be paying your usual "Premium" fees. If you go over 1024m however, you will need to worry about this problem ;-) Simply abandon your linden home and find your ideal parcel, you will get a message window when attempting to purchase the land warning you if you are going over your current tier to make sure you are safe. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

If all goes correctly you can buy your land at any time now. When you "start" to buy a piece of land it will tell you what your tier will be. If you have never owned any land then it should say zero AND you should be able to buy right now, should you find a lot that you like.

Your billing date is at the bottom of your account summary.

IF for some reason you cannot buy land now, then chat up live support so they can fix that. After the first day of the change things seems to be as they should be.

• Thanks 1

Well, my concern is that it will count the new 1024 AND the old 512 from the Linden Home, as being owned within the same "billing cycle" and will charge me for holding 1536m. Or does the Linden Home not count?

My billing date is November 3rd - I don;t want to wait that long!

Edited by Lewis Luminos

It's ok, they just count the maximum sqm you've had at any one time, and like Chic says, it will tell you what your tier will be, if anything, when you first click to buy the land. You definitely won't be charged tier if you haven't had more than 1024 sqm in total at one time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lewis Luminos said:

Well, my concern is that it will count the new 1024 AND the old 512 from the Linden Home, as being owned within the same "billing cycle" and will charge me for holding 1536m. Or does the Linden Home not count?

My billing date is November 3rd - I don;t want to wait that long!

Tier fees are always for the 'maximum every held at a single time during the billing month'.  So as long as you abandon the Linden home before buying, they you'll be fine.  Your monthly maximum is currently 512 and will become 1024 once you buy a 1024 plot.

Side note - November 3rd will actually be your annual Premium billing date.  You also have a monthly tier billing date - that started on the day that you first used any tier, even when the bill ends up being $0.  See the bottom of your Account Summary page for that date.  However, it won't matter in this case if you do Abandon the Linden home first.  If you ever decide to go above the 1024, that date will simply let you know what day of each month you will be billed.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

There is no monthly tier billing date at the bottom; presumably because I have never paid tier?

Anyway, it's good to know I don't have to wait.

Thanks everyone!

Well THAT'S good to know.  Yes, in theory you have never paid tier or as LittleMe told us the other day DONATED tier to a group (don't worry about that since you won't be doing it).  

So Linden Homes don't count as "owning land" in The Lab's way of thinking.  

Good for us to know that. We are knowledge hos here methinks - LOL.   Enjoy looking for your land. And in looking remember that if you want to live up in the air in a skybox or surround it matters not at all what it is like on the ground. AND if you want to live on the ground -- your neighbors can change (and most of the time will change) often so you can only see what things will be like NOW. 

If you are looking for "cheap land" then searching the classifieds in legacy search is good and you can look for a 1024 and it will show you anything that is 1024 or greater. Then just choose to make the 1024s come to the top and you can see which ones are cheapest. 

If you are looking for special protected or waterfront type lands then I personally thing perusing the map for the size of lot you want is the best way. My RL friends say I have "the best land karma" and I have been really lucky with land over the years :D.  But you need to look at it as an adventure and not a chore. There are also auctions which today seemed to be coming in around $5000 for a median on 1024s. Of course we don't know what the FINAL cost might be = only what it says before the final bell rings :D.

At least I never found out that info before. They may have changed it. 

Have fun. 

I'll actually be teaming up with my premium alt to buy 2048m on a group (I think that will work out to 2252m with the 10% group bonus), and really for now, I just want a place for my alts to call home without them invading mine. I joked about building an apartment block so they can have one each. I might just do that.

Bunch of freeloaders, they are!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.