Wheeled furniture as a vehicle

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I found a useful little wheeled stool on Marketplace that's scripted as a vehicle. You can move it round with the arrow keys. Animations make it look like you're moving it with your feet. When you get off, it goes back to its home position.

That ought to be a common feature for wheeled office chairs. Bar stools should let you rotate.

Unfortunately, the script isn't very good. You can't turn in place. The turning radius is huge, about 5 meters. I wrote to the creator asking for a fix, or at least mod permissions so I can fix it. Good project for someone selling furniture to write a better script for this.

Every scripter makes different decisions about how to move a vehicle. The vehicle's turning radius and whether it turns at all if it's staying in one spot are all negotiable design features. There's no right or wrong, but if your own preferences are not the same as the scripter's, you could either ask for a custom modification or you could write your own.  That's what motivated many of us to start scripting in the first place.  9_9  I hope you get the chair to work the way you want.  It does sound like a worthy project.

17 hours ago, Fionalein said:

you have to weigh of the script weight vs the usefullness, yeah, I like rescripting my bar that very bottle gives you the drink associated with it, ... my neighbours most likely will hate me if I do though ^^

Unless you're putting a script in every bottle, there should be no lag caused by a script like that. Go for it!

Nerd moment: One script to rule them all, vending a different drink depending on which (linked) bottle you touched... could just use link numbers.

Your neighbors would have no reason to hate you for that, they'd be too busy drinking all your tequila.

As for the wheely chair thingy, ANY simple, basic vehicle script could probably be adapted, as furniture tends to be simpler than most automobiles. I'd post some examples, but I'm more of a "show me yours first" kind of person now... <-<;

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.